Chapter 106: bitchy teens with tired eyes

I meet up with Carla an hour before school starts so she can help me cover up the bruises on my face and neck.

The bruises on my jaw and cheek are yellow and almost gone. There is still a dark purple bruise around my left eye and below where my bone was fractured.

The bruises on my neck are also almost gone. They are mostly yellow with a bit of blue and purple now.

We sit in the classroom as Carla applies the make up on my skin, rubbing it in with her fingers.

"Did Harry tell you what happened?" She asks me while she's working on my eyes, moving her fingers gently over my skin.

"Noah contacted him." I say.

"Oh." She says surprised. "Oh okay. I had no idea. He didn't wanna tell me what's up with him."

"Noah sent him an apology letter. I think it was also a goodbye letter." I explain.

"Oh no. Poor Harry. I totally get why he was so down and cancelled his birthday party." She says. "Fuck Noah."

"Yeah. It sucks." I say hesitantly.

"Did he tell you anything specific about the letter?" She asks me curiously.

I shake my head. "No, just what I just told you."

She nods her head. "I understand."

"Caleb also knows what happened now, so no need to keep it hidden from him anymore." I tell her.

"Yeah. He texted me yesterday evening." She says. "He's a little pissed off that I didn't talk to him."

"Sorry. I told him that I asked you not to tell him." I say.

"I know, I know. But we usually tell each other everything." She says. "He's really worried about you."

I sigh. "I know. He's always super worried."

"You and everything that happened to you give us every reason to be worried." She points out.

I nod. "Hopefully that is over now with Noah gone."

"Do we still have to come to court tomorrow?" She asks me.

"Yeah. My aunt said it takes place as planned. He will be convicted. There's already a warrant against him anyway." I explain.

Carla nods. "Okay. Then it will all finally be over."

"Back to normal." I say with a smile.

"Yup. You really deserve a break." She tells me. "And everyone who loves you does too."

I nod.

"Since we're talking about people who love you. How is Austin?" She asks me.

"Uhm. He met his step mother and sister and he said they are okay." I tell her. "He hasn't really told me a lot."

She raises her eyebrows confused. "He's got a step mother and step sister?"

"Yep. His father is dating someone now." I confirm.

"Interesting." She says. "But what I actually wanted to talk about is how the conversation with Adam and Dylan went."

I feel my face get hot instantly. Okay. I just gotta tell her lies.

I chuckle. "Well, Austin was pissed off because he found out I did meth and that Adam then drove me home."

"And he had to invite them to your house to get an answer?" She questions.

"Well, he didn't believe me anything." I tell her. "I told him that Adam kissed me and well, he wanted to hear what Adam had to say."

"Adam kissed you?" She asks confused.