Chapter 176: Legal temptation

I've been staring at the bathroom ceiling. It's kinda comfortable on the tiled floor.

I call Kev, while still lying on the floor and we talk for a bit. Danny is also there, apparently visiting Kev.

They end up sending me parts of their mails and I read through them. There's no explanation. Jared just joked about being a damn ghost and praised us for passing the finals in the emails.

There's also a private part to the mail that Kev and Danny both didn't send. But at least I got to read part of it.

"I still can't believe our art teacher was responsible for my broken teeth when I was a kid. How fucked up is that?" Danny exclaims.

"I mean, I also wouldn't expect a little kid to just smash his face on the concrete just because I reassembled the parkour." Kev points out.

"I needed to get my front teeth fixed!" Danny brings up again. "You know how much I hate going to the dentist!"

"He'd rather have his finger cut off than go to the dentist." Kev says to me.

"No hesitation." Danny confirms.

I don't know what exactly they're talking about, but apparently it's the teacher's fault he broke his front teeth.

I can hear my dad coming up the stairs, probably searching for me.

I say goodbye to Kev and Danny and then quickly stand up when I realize he will see the battleground I left behind in my room.

"Hey!" I urgently call out as I rush out of the bathroom right as my dad stops in front of my room.

He stares inside with an angry frown before turning his head to me. "What happened?"

"Well." I say unsure.

"You're injured. What happened here?" Dad asks me again. There are a few drops of dried blood on the floor, too. I just wasn't ready to clean up just yet.

"I- I'm fine. Really." I try to convince him.

"What the fuck did you do?" He asks, not exactly angry, more confused.

"I- I'm gonna replace all the broken stuff with my saved money, okay?" I tell him.

He walks into my room and leans down to pick up the computer screen.

"You're not answering my question. What happened? Did you do that?" He wants to know.

"I'm sorry." I say unsure.

He sets the screen down on my desk and turns to face me. "What happened?"

"I kinda lost my temper." I say timidly.

"Kinda?" My dad exclaims. "What made you do that?"

"I was frustrated." I say. "I don't wanna talk about it, though."

He squints his eyes and steps closer, grabbing my jaw to tilt my head up to force me to look at him.

"Are you high?" He asks me accusingly.

"God no." I answer. "Of course not." I say and push his hand away.

"You're gonna stay home and do a drug test in two hours. You hear me?" He says.

"Yeah." I answer and look down. "You can leave now. I'm gonna clean up."

He hesitates. "Samuel. What's up with you? Are you not feeling well? Can you just tell me what happened?"

"I was just angry." I say with a sigh.

"That's not just angry. Since when do you go ahead and become violent like this?" He asks.