Pranking Partners (Fred Weasley)

...

This is not my first oneshot, the first one has been removed for the time being

...

I couldn't come up with a better title, sorry. There's also a lot of timeskipping and I'm also sorry about that

...

I entered the decorated Great Hall cautiously. The room was full of students from all three of the schools attending the Triwizard Tournament. Merlin, this was scary. I hadn't been able to find a date so I found a table and sat down, silently watching the champions as they started off the dancing.

After the first dance other couples slowly trickled onto the dance floor and minutes later, the room was filled with swishing skirts and clicking shoes. I rested my head on the table, the lights and noises were starting to give me a headache.

"Oi, you another loner?" a teasing voice asked and I looked up to see one of the famous Weasley twins, I couldn't figure out which one though.

"Uhm, I mean, yeah?"

He sat down in the seat next to me without asking and dipped his head, "I'm Fred, if you couldn't tell."

"I couldn't," I admitted and adjusted the pale blue skirt of my dress, "Why're you over here? And why're you talking to me? We've never talked and I'm pretty sure I've only talked to George once."

He shrugged and stood up, holding his hand out to me, "Well, we can fix that easily. Care to dance, love?"

"Don't you have a date though?" I asked, looking at his hand suspiciously, "And don't call me 'love', I don't even know you."

"I do have a date, George asked to dance with her though."

I thought for a moment before standing and taking his hand, letting him pull me out to the dance floor. He put his free hand on my hip and looked at me until I sighed and placed my left hand on his shoulder. Merlin, what was I doing? I had no idea how to dance! With my luck I'd probably stab his foot with my heel.

He started to dance and I attempted to follow his lead with horrible rhythm. I looked around the room and spotted some people already sitting down. I'm not sure which was worse, not dancing at all or dancing for a couple minutes.

"So, what's your name?" Fred asked as he spun me around.

I clumsily tried to get back into the rhythm of the dance before answering, "Stevens."

"Well, Stevens, why were you sitting over there alone?"

"Couldn't find a date... or, more like, didn't want a date. I would've preferred to stay back in the common room."

"You're a Ravenclaw, aren't you?" he asked.

"Yes, why?"

"You just had a bookish look."

I laughed, "Bookish look? What does that look like?"

"Hm," he thought for a moment, looking at me, "I would say it looks like a Ravenclaw."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "And what does a Ravenclaw look like?"

"Bookish."

"That doesn't help at all," I laughed again as the song started to come to an end.