Gryffindor Pride (Neville Longbottom)

...

Third times the charm? I've started two oneshots but couldn't finish them. I'm sorry if this seems cliché or something, but it honestly kind of is. I thought about the stereotype of Gryffindors and this oneshot idea came up. Sorry.

...

"All right, put your trowels down and wipe your hands off on the towels!" Professor Sprout called, heading back towards the other side of the greenhouse near the door. "Remember your essay!"

I set my trowel down and picked up the towel that I shared with my friends and dormmates. I rubbed the dirt and such off my fingers before handing the towel over to Parvati, who took it gratefully.

Parvati, when done, tossed the towel to Lavender and started to gather up her belongings. Lavender wiped her hands on the towel and took it to the pile that Professor Sprout always had us make after class ended. Parvati grabbed Lavender's things for her and we headed out to wait for our friend.

The rest of the class started to head up to the castle and we, after Lavender came out, trailed after them. Lavender and Parvati started to chat and I didn't really attempt to pay attention. I honestly didn't really do much with my dormmates since I didn't relate with them as much as others but I did try to spend time with them when we had shared classes. Although, Hermione didn't talk to the three of us a lot either.

"Summers!" I heard someone call and I paused, gesturing that Lavender and Parvati could go on if they wished.

They nodded and told me they'd see me later in Charms before continuing to walk across the lawn towards the castle. I turned and saw someone jogging towards me from the greenhouses. They waved and I slowly waved back, trying to figure out who it was from a distance.

When they got closer, I recognized Neville Longbottom, one of my fellow Gryffindors. His bag swung behind him as he continued to make his way towards me and I started to walk towards him, closing the distance.

He stopped in front of me and smiled, "Hey, Summers."

"Longbottom," I smiled back.

He met my gaze and started, "I was - "

"Summers! There you are!" my smile turned apologetic when I glanced back towards the castle to see who was calling my name.

I waved at Hannah, Susan, and Ernie as they walked towards Longbottom and I. Hannah waved back with a small smile while the three of them closed the distance between Longbottom and I with quick strides and they looked at Longbottom.

"Oh, hello, Longmore or something, right?" Hannah smiled kindly at Longbottom before noticing that he shook his head. Her look turned flustered and she ducked her head.

Susan jumped in, "It's all right, Hannah, it's Longbottom though."

"Oh, sorry, Longbottom," Hannah murmured.

He shrugged, "Uhm, it's fine."

"What's going on?" I asked the three Hufflepuffs curiously. They didn't often approach me so I was dying to know what they wanted to talk about.

"A fight's going on, in one of the hallways that's lesser used," Ernie answered, "Nasty one, I think, three Slytherins and their Hufflepuff friend against a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw."

"Oh, well, I want to check it out," I looked over to Longbottom, "Sorry, talk to me at dinner?"

He nodded and sent I him another apologetic look before following Ernie, Susan, and Hannah back towards the castle. The four of us entered the doors and headed towards the staircase. Since they knew where the fight was happening, I let them lead me through the hallways and staircases.