𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 - 𝑯𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝑺𝒂𝒅𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔

My POV

It was another day after school so I decided to go visit Miguel since I heard he was awake and well, Thank god he pulled through this coma and survived. Right now the doctor was moving his wrist to see if he can move it or even feel it.

"You're progressing nicely. how does that feel?" The Doctor asked him.

"Yeah." Miguel Replied, which meant it felt fine.

Me and Carmen just looked at him with a small smile.

"Yeah?, what about this?" The Doctor asked, rubbing and moving Miguel's fingers.

"Normal."

"Great." The Doctor stopped moving and rubbing his fingers, walking over to the front of his bedside slowly rolling up the covers exposing his feet.

I was feeling anxious whenever he was pulling the covers off his feet thinking what if he can't walk again and have to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life...

What Carmen was feeding him right now was making me hungry.

"Yaya's so excited. She's at home cooking up a storm." Carmen said to Miguel.

"Tupperwares full of dulce de leche."

I rasied my eyebrows. "Ooo! that sounds so good!" I said with a smile.

"That's great, Mom."

The Doctor was moving Miguel's foot with his hand to see if he could feel it or not. "How about this?" The Doctor Asked.

I looked over and noticed Miguel's face expression was changing a little bit which also made mines change into a frown, watching him shake his head.

"No." He replied.

This time the doctor took out his pen and started poking his feet softly. "How about this?"

"No..." He replied again.

I sighed softly with a frown, please just please tell me he can walk.

"You said the scans were Ok, right?" Carmen Questioned.

The Doctor nodded. "Yes. Yes."

"Am I going to be able to do karate again?" Miguel asked, with some hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, is he?.." I also asked.

The Doctor chuckled. "One day at a time. I'm gonna borrow your mom for a second, okay?"

"Ok." Miguel said.

"Let me turn on the TV for the both of you." Carmen said, reaching over grabbing the remote.

"The Dodgers played last night." Carmen softly rubbed Miguel's shoulder and walked away, following the doctor outside.

I looked at Miguel. "Hopefully, the doctor tells your mom some good news.." I said, knowing I was gonna be wrong.

"Yeah. Hopefully." He said, while watching them from the window from his bed.

I also watched them, and had a sad frown on my face seeing Carmen shake her head and start crying, I knew something was telling me he wouldn't be able to walk and that he's paralyzed....

Miguel had a sad look on his face like he already knew what the doctor had told his mom, I put my hand on his shoulder for some comfort.

"It's.. It's gonna be okay..." I said sadly, with my eyes watering.