Lost Memories 2

Love triangle?
Song: Genesis - Grimes

They took you to a small cabin after the meeting. While the three confused boys chatted about your arrival, you pretended like you had no idea what was going on as you sat on the table snacking on the food George offered you. It was a tasty broccoli cheddar soup, you've never thought of a food combination like it before. You were slowly taking in the warm soup while you heard the voices begin to argue.

"They cannot be trusted" Sapnap gritted out, his eyes were side eying you from the distance. Something about you didn't feel right, and he wasn't afraid to show it. Another common misconception about fairies mortals seemed to have was their quick ways of lying and betrayal. There is a reason fairies are only meant to live with their own kind.

"Sapnap she doesn't have anywhere else to go!" George argued, he patted his chest trying to make himself clearer. "Where is your humanity for fucks sake" George exclaimed.

"That we know of? George you just met her! She didn't spawned out of nowhere for no reason! You can't tell me that the only reason you trust is because of her fancy wings!" Sapnap practically snapped at George, exposing the reality of his actions.

"She's a garden fairy! Give me a break" George argued back.

"Why can't we talk about the fact that she knew Karls name isn't that strange?" Sapnap changed subjects quickly, becoming stiff from the tension. "Karl back me up"

"I've never seen her in my life. Ah" Karl tried to speak but suddenly a hard headache broke into his head.

When you heard the hissing of pain from Karl, you couldn't pretend anymore. "Are you okay?" You asked a little too quickly. All their heads snapped towards you, looking at you alarmed.

"Were you listening to our conversation?" Sapnap said first.

"I'm sorry" You said looking down at your feet.

George frowned at Sapnap. He knew the luck and blessings fairies provided to places they stumbled upon to. "Sapnap stop it" George slapped his chest. "If you don't want to be here then fucking leave already" George said leaning in to make himself more assertive.

"Fine. Ill go whatever" Sapnap huffed, tired of not being listened to anymore. It's hard to make George do something that he didn't agree with.

You watched Sapnap leave, slamming the door shut harshly.

Karl debated whether or not go behind Sapnap to try to speak to him. After one step he took towards the exit, an impulse made you speak.

"I had a friend once" You blurted out, both men watching you now with their full attention. You forced a polite grin and began speaking. "She had these horrible migraines like a constant pounding in her head that made her vision go blurry at times. She told me it felt like someone was smacking a hammer into her brain. There were times she would pass out during our daily tasks and they were long blackouts too. I had to carry her home and it was not easy" You tried to joke. Only George responded with an easy scoff. "Basically they were strong migraines. I used this remedy to help her. It was a type of tea with ginger and peppermint oils. But there's more into it we used to make it effective" You explained.

George looked amazed, his eyes were full of curiosity. "That sounds delicious and I don't even have the migraine right now" she said focusing on the tea part.

"I have a cup every once in a while. It helps with nerves." You nodded. "I'll take a wild guess and say you're the king of this place? A king should always have a clear mind to rule peacefully" You noted, looking at his mostly expensive attire.

"Oh thank you for noticing" George brought a hand up to his chest and nodded. "Indeed I may need a cup of that special tea" He chuckled softly.

"I can make it for you too if you want" You said at Karl wanting him to look at you. Your eyes were full of hope, waiting for his answer impatiently.

"Oh sure but sap—ahh" karl hissed again, holding his head. His body almost vanished if it wasn't for the counter he held onto. "I think I'm gonna need to lay down" Karl said. George looked worries, holding his arm.

"Let's get you home, Karl" George said, rubbing his arm in comfort. Karl's face looked nearly gone, trying to stay up with George support. His cheeks were starting to flush and his lips dried up on spot. He couldn't stay still for longer.

"There's this bed here" You said, grabbing the other side of Karl for support. His head was loosing up so you naturally pushed it back gently.

You remembered his horrible migraines. The blackouts, the mumbling, the long periods of time without talking. It was happening again.

George followed your lead, taking him to the bad. You both laid him down, as soon as his head hit the pillows he fell deep into sleep.

Karl's face was pressed against the pillow, his chapped lips parted open. He was gone now.

Both you and George stared down at him for a couple seconds.

"Want to help me make the tea?" You asked, looking over at George.