𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

As we sit in the car my mind races. "You alright Adeline?" He asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Uh, yeah. When are we going to see Sam and Kat?" I ask, pulling out my phone to check the time. 3:42 P.M. "Well, they are meeting us there, the flight there. We will most likely get there first. Flight leaves at 4:30, so we can get to the airport and get some food. Does that sound good to you?" He asks, glancing at me. My face flushes when I realize I've been staring at him. I clear my throat and look away. "Yeah, that sounds good, I think I have some cash on me for a coffee." I say, praying he didn't catch me staring.

I hear him laugh softly. I look at him, still facing forward. His eyes shine as his smile creates dimples on his face. My face heats up as I wipe the sweat off my palms and onto my leggings. "Y'know, you are not at all the fan I thought you'd be." He says, nudging me. I smile and look away, hiding my red face. "You're funny, easy to talk to, a big fan but not obsessed or obsessive, pretty, confident." He lists. "Pretty." Replays in my head. "Pretty?" I ask, looking at him, trying so hard not to smile. "Yeah, your hair color suits you, your face makes you look kind, your piercing fits your face. And your confidence makes you attractive." He says, looking for a parking spot. "Confident..."

I look down at my thighs, grateful I wore jeans instead of shorts to hide my stretch marks. I subconsciously breathe in enough to make my stomach not stick out. I slowly start to regret the shirt I picked out, the way it shows my stomach, my arms aren't covered enough. My eyes start to sting as I feel my body cringe at the thought of me naked, the thought of me before I lost weight, just the thought of me. I breathe out and look out the window, biting my nails, a habit that I haven't done in months.

"Addie?" He says, knocking me out of my thoughts. "Yes?" I ask, not looking away from the window. "I asked if you packed any merch for the video?" He says, his voice laced with confusion. I look at him. "Yeah, I packed a few hoodies, a few shirts, pants and my phone case is from your line." I say, holding up my phone. He looks and then looks back at the road, smiling. "Perfect." He says as he parks at the car rental place. We get out and walk towards the trunk. "So, how are we getting to the airport?" I ask. "Uber." He says as he pulls out my things.

"Where are your things? With Sam?" I ask. "Yeah, Our Uber should be here any moment." He says, I look down. "Are you mad at me?" I ask as we walk to the building of the car rental. He stops and looks at me. "What? No, why do you think that?" He asks, his face expression showing worry and panic. "You just went dry...I'm sorry." I say quietly, looking down.

"Addie, you don't need to be sorry." He says, I nod and look down, unable to hide the smile on my face. "There they are, come on." He says as he grabs my hand and walks towards our Uber. I get inside and pull out my phone. I hear a voice and look up. In the passenger seat there was a woman. "I'm Isabell, tell him I love him." She says as her voice was practically a whisper.

"Sir?" I say, causing the man to look at me through the mirror. As Colby gets in the car I mess with my nails. "Isabell says she loves you." I say meekly. Colby looks at me confused as the man's eyes widen and fill with tears. "My Isabell?" He asks. I nod with a small smile as I meet the man's gaze once again. "Thank you." He says as he starts the car and doesn't look at me again.

"Adeline?" Colby asks and I turn to look at him. "Who's Isabell?" He asks quietly, almost in a whisper. "His wife, she passed..." I look at the woman and she smiles, "Last year." I look back at Colby with a small smile. "Where is she?" He asks. I point to the passenger seat. "I'm a medium, you do know that right?" I ask, smirking as his slightly red ears tell me he clearly didn't know. "Wow, someone doesn't watch my videos." I say with a giggle and look out the window, leaving him embarrassed. "I don't, Sam does. I'm sorry." He says, I look at him. "Colby, you don't need to apologize, I was messing with you." I say with a smile, which he returns.

As we finally arrive to the airport, I check the time. 4:04 P.M. As we get out, I rush to the trunk and grab my things. I pull them out and look at Colby, who glares at me playfully. I stick my tongue out at him and we both walk into the airport. "So, how long is this flight again?" I ask. "About 2 and a half hours." He says as we arrive to the waiting area for our flight.

𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝...

I get off the plane, feeling dizzy and tired. "I hate flying..." I say as we walk to baggage claim. He laughs and grabs my bags for me. As we walk to the exit, I notice Colby looking at his phone. "So, where are we going first?" I ask. "Sam should be here any minute." He says and I nod as we wait outside. "I hope those clouds are rain, I love rain." I say as we wait in silence. Finally, a car pulls up. "Sam, what is up brother." Colby says as I stand awkwardly. I sigh and wait. "Adeline, it is so nice to meet you!" Sam says, holding his hand out to me. I smile and shake his hand. "Nice to meet you too." I say, trying to give my best smile. For some reason I can't shake the nerves that have been building up since the flight.

"Well, let's get to it!" Sam says as we get into the car. I look out the window, watching as it slowly begins to rain. I get lost in thought. "Adeline?" Colby asks as I look over at him. "Yeah?" I ask, embarrassed. "Oh, I was just telling them about what happened in the Uber, Kat asked you a question." He says, giving me a reassuring smile. I blush in embarrassment.

So much for a first impression...

1112 words