𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐎𝐔𝐓?

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

TRIGGER WARNING: very mild sexual content

I pace around my hotel room in my fresh, clean clothes, biting my nails as I maneuver myself around the bed, to each wall and then repeating. I sigh in frustration. "Where are they?" I mumble, pulling my phone out of my back pocket. 'Addie...' I hear someone say. I look around my room, my heart pounding in my ears. "Who's there?" I ask aloud. '3...5...9...2...' The voice says, my body goes cold. Suddenly the door opens, I scream and drop my phone.

"God damn Adeline, you okay?" Sam asks, holding bags and a box of pizza, he sets the bags down on the floor. "You look like you saw a ghost...did you?" Colby asks, their expressions similar, curiosity mixed with concern. "No, just heard something...a series of numbers...3 5 9 2." I explain, bending over and picking up my phone. "Shit." I mumble in annoyance. A long crack spreads across my screen. I sigh and toss my phone onto the bed, covering my face with my hands before sitting on the floor, groaning as I hit the floor. "Is everything okay Addie?' Colby asks, I hear his footsteps grow closer before I hear his body thump onto the ground next to me. I breathe in, the smell from the cast makes my wrist hurt for a moment before subsiding, I remove my hands. "I'm just...confused. Everything I've ever wanted has finally started happening and slowly I'm ruining it." I say, rubbing my hands against my jeans, being careful with the injured one. "You didn't ruin anything." Sam says, sitting next to me. I sigh softly before nodding.

"Pizza..." I mumble, smelling the delicious aroma. Colby breaths a laugh before standing up, lowering his hand to help me up. I take it carefully and stand up. I walk over to the counter and open the box and smile wide as I grab a slice. "Pizza." I say, dragging out the last letter before taking a bite. Sam snickers. "I have to get back to Kat, see you tonight, Addie." Sam says before softly punching Colby's arm and leaving. Colby rubs his arm as I look at him confused.

He clears his throat. "Did you want to hang out? Until we have to go back in like...4 hours." He asks. I finish my slice of pizza and look at him, my eyes slightly wide as a soft blush creeps onto my cheeks. "Sure, I don't mind. What did you want to do?" I ask, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "Well, we could watch a movie together, I know this hotel doesn't have good options, but we can laugh at how bad they are." He suggests. I shrug and nod. "Sounds good to me." I say as I grab the pizza box and walk over to the bed and sit on it. Colby grabs the remote and sits next to me. I can't help but smile, still not fully believing he was here, next to me.

He flicks through the movie options before selecting a random romantic comedy. I groan. "A rom com? really?" I ask. He chuckles. "Hey, we're laughing at it remember?" He teases. I roll my eyes and grab another slice of pizza. As we watch the movie, deep down, we both enjoy it.

After a while, I grin before I grab a pillow and throw it at him, he gasps before the pillow cuts him off. He looks at me shocked, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Oh, you just started a war." He says before grabbing the pillow and throwing it back at me. I shriek and shield my face. I grab the pillow and swing it into his arm, he laughs and grabs another pillow before hitting my arm.

Amongst the fit of giggles and thumps of pillows, I hear his phone ringing. "Wait wait! Your phone!" I say, using the pillow as a shield as he hits me with his own. Out of breath, he stops and pulls his phone from his pocket. He puts it to his ear. "What's up Sam?" He asks, out of breath. His face turns slightly red. "What? No! We are not-" He says before I hear laughter on the other end of the call. "Yeah, we can meet you there in an hour." He says before hanging up. "We're going to meet them at the sanatorium in an hour." He explains, I nod and smile.

We stare at each other for a moment before he takes a step closer. My face flushes as I stare up at him, I clear my throat. "Colby?" I ask, his eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips. "Don't...Don't move..." He murmurs as he leans in. I hear my heart pounding in my ears. My eyes flutter shut, my chest heaves as I breathe heavily. Finally, after a few moments of silence, his lips gently brush onto mine. the kiss is quick before he stops, I open my eyes. "I...I'm sorry..." He murmurs, his nose just centimeters from mine. My eyes stay half-lidded as I look up at him. "I...liked it." I mumble. Just seconds after speaking, his lips crash back onto mine in a heated kiss. I softly gasp and reach up, gently placing my hands on his chest and squeezing the fabric of his shirt.

His hands grab onto my hips and pull me closer; I softly whine into his mouth. I feel him smile against my lips as he softly pushes me onto the bed. I lay back and feel him position himself between my legs, his fingers softly digging into my skin. His fingers slowly creep up my shirt, leaving goosebumps in his wake. His lips slowly move from my mouth to my jawline to my ear. "Is this okay?" He asks softly into my ear, his tone filled with longing. His hands move higher and gently slip beneath my bra. I nod eagerly.

"Use your words..." He murmurs, softly kissing down my neck, my face burns red. "Yes this...this is okay." I mumble, my voice trembling slightly. I feel him smile against my neck as his hands cup my breasts, his touch tender yet possessive. I let out a breathy moan, he softly nips at my sensitive skin. "You're so beautiful..." He murmurs as he kisses around my neck. I whimper softly when he hits a spot that makes my stomach flip. He circles his tongue in that spot before attaching his lips there, my eyes widen as he sucks. I moan and my back arches when he brushes his thumbs over my now erect nipples. His hips grind against mine, making me moan louder.

His phone dings and he groans before pulling away completely, leaving me breathless. He types on his phone before looking at me sympathetically. "Time to go." He says before getting off the bed and holding his hand out to me to help me get up. As I get up, he stares at my neck, a subtle grin on his lips. "What?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Nothing, Addie." He says, still holding my hand, he grabs my jacket, phone and camera before leading me out the door.

We walk out of the hotel, the cool night air making my hair blow. We get to the car, and I get into the passenger side. As I buckle in, I look in the side mirror and see the dark red hickey on my neck. "Colby!" I say shocked as I look at him, He grins as he puts my things in my lap before he buckles in. "Whoops." He says as he starts the car. I hide my face in my hands.

I look out the window, letting the night air blow my hair around, I jump slightly at the hand on my knee. I snap my head in Colby's direction, who sits in the driver's seat, his eyes on the road. I place my hand over his and then look out the window again, he squeezes my knee softly.

After 20 minutes of driving, we get to the sanatorium. "Ready?" He asks. I look over at him and smile. "Ready."

1390 words

1390 words