𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐌

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

"I'm sorry, I zoned out, what was your question?" I say, turning my body so I could completely face her. She smiles. "Can you see them like how you can see me or is it like, you can feel them there?" She asks. "Well, that depends, sometimes I can see them like how I can see you, and then other times it's like I can sense their presence. But usually, I can see them." I say, my eyes flickering over to the camera. I look over to the brunette boy next to me.

"Are we recording now?" I ask in a hushed tone. "Yeah, but don't worry, I'll make sure to edit out you getting lost in your thoughts." He says grinning. I nod and look back out the window. The trees danced in the wind as rain pelts the windows, then slowly comes to a stop. As we drove through the woods, I noticed the same deer following us. At first it was a coincidence, but I slowly noticed how the slightly darker spot in between its eyes stayed in its heart shape as it would gradually get closer to the car. As we pull into the large plot of gravel and park, I watch it stand at the edge of the woods.

As we all get out of the car I turn to Sam. "Hey did you see the deer following us?" I ask as he pulls out the camera from the car. "What deer?" He asks. "That...deer..." I say as I point to the now empty spot where the deer once was. "Oh..." I say as I turn back to him. He gives me a sympathetic smile and in return I look down in embarrassment and turn around to walk away. Only to bump into Colby. "I'm sorry!" I yell as I turn in another direction and walk away, shaking my hands to relieve the nerves and keep myself from crying. 

"Adeline?" Kat asks as I turn to look at her. "Hey, hey you're okay." She says as she grabs my wrists and rubs the back of my hands with her thumbs, bringing me comfort. "Alright breathe in..." She says, breathing in with me. We hold it for a moment. "And out..." She says as she breathes out with me. We do this a few more times before I calm down. "What's wrong?" She asks. "I got overwhelmed, I've never been on a trip with my idols before...especially one I like..." I blurt put. She smiles and lets go of my hands. "How about we go back, yeah?" She says as I nod.