Epilogue: Nice

Epilogue: Nice

The holidays were always a huge relief when they came around.

Most people were worked up from college, and right as it pushed them to their limits, they got time off. Specifically...about a whole month off. All the final exams were done  with, and some classes even outright canceled if they weren't returning paperwork or something. Liam was already starting to pack his things up, and his roommate had done so as well. They only had about a day or so before they were free to go, but other students had started doing the same.

Liam didn't know how his roommate had done on his stuff yet, but he himself had gotten scores around the 90s on most of his exams, only getting a 70-80 on the remaining two. He was pretty proud of himself for making it through the semester, and couldn't wait for the next one. At the moment, Liam was making sure he'd gotten everything grouped together in one spot throughout the dorm space, checking to see if anything had dropped below furniture or gotten stuck in between small spaces. So far he'd gotten everything, and felt confident that nothing was missing from there...but was soon startled by the sound of a clicking by the door and a loud noise following after it.

Liam whirled around to face the door as his roommate burst into the room with his backpack on. He was holding a few sheets of paper in his hand, a happier, more excited expression on his face in comparison to his usual unreadable one.

"Woah, uh. Hey," Liam chuckled. "Exams went well, I assume?"

"YEAH!" the guy shouted as he closed the door behind him. "Perfect 100 on the one I stressed the most about, wHOO!"

"That's great!" Liam smiled.

"Did you do good, too?" his roommate asked him.

"Yeah, no perfect 100s though," Liam chuckled.

"Well, that's alright. At least you got a passing grade without turning into a backpack."

"Oh, stop it."

The two laughed for a bit before the guy set all his stuff down, looking around the room in a relieved manner. Liam looked around as well, and quite frankly...he was going to miss this place a little. With a bit of a chuckle, Liam's roommate opened his arms for a hug, and Liam gladly went in for the embrace.

"We did it, Liam. We made it through the semester," his roommate said with a smile.

"Yeah...we di-"

Liam was interrupted as a sudden burst of clouds came from seemingly out of nowhere. He quickly shut his eyes, backing away as he did so. What was going on? Did something in the room collapse? Did they accidentally activate some kind of fire extinguisher?

As Liam opened his eyes, he could immediately see what had happened.

His roommate...was gone.

And in his place...

Was a clear, plastic soda bottle, with a red wrapper around it and a blue bottlecap.

But not just any soda bottle.

It had eyes. And limbs. And a mouth.

The two locked eyes and stared at each other, the realization hitting them like a truck.

They both immediately screamed.

"Oh noOOOO-"