Day 23: Spidering

Natsuki wasn't a fan of the whole "sharing our poems" thing, but she supposed it could be worse. It was only the second day of doing so, but she felt pretty proud of this one. Sayori bounded up to her, swapping the pages on each other's hand as they both read the poems.

"Wow, this is really good. Who knew you had this in you?" she teased. Sayori giggled, grinning from ear to ear.

"Aww, thanks! Yours is sooo good!" Sayori said, hugging it to her chest. The smaller girl beamed with pride, puffing out her chest.

"You bet it is! Took me less than 20 minutes too!" she bragged.

"Is this about how people are mean to you because you read mang-"

"Jeez Sayori, tell it to the world why don't ya!" she snapped, her body going completely stiff. Sayori winced at her harsh tone.

"Ehehe, sorry, I forgot you don't like people mentioning that," she apologized. Natsuki crossed her arms and looked down, blowing a lock of hair away from her eyes.

"It's fine since it's you. Just- watch who you say that around," she mumbled, continuing to advert her gaze.

"So... do you like spiders?" she asked as she handed her back the poem. Natsuki made a face of disgust and shook her head.

"No way! Spiders are not my thing!" Sayori giggled, taking a step closer.

"Well I didn't wanna freak you out, but there's a spider on you." She squealed and immediately started scanning her body, smacking herself to kill the offending bug.

"What? Where? Get it off, get it off!" she demanded, spinning in a circle in her haste to save herself.

"Hold still, it's riiiight here!"  she exclaimed, pouncing on Natauki and lightly scribbling over her tummy. She shrieked, smacking Sayori's hands.

"Y-you lihihiar! Thehere was nohoho spider wahahas there?" she claimed, turning around to flee. She didn't get far because Sayori was able to wrap her in a tickle hug before she managed to escape.

I'm sorry Natsuki, this spider is just too fast for me to get!" she teased, fluttering her fingers up and down her sides. Bubbly giggles and shrieks flew from her mouth between thinly veiled threats.

The rest of the club members watched on in amusement, though Yuri was blushing profusely and kept looking away.

Sayori let her go, giggling nervously as Natsuki glared at her.

"What the heck? Why'd you do that for?"

"Sorry, I couldn't help it! I saw the opportunity and I just took it. You have such a cute laugh Natsuki!"

Her cheeks glowed a bright red and she turned away. "I-I do not!"

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about. She was just playing around," Monika intervened, feeling the need to diffuse the situation before it had the chance to escalate.

"Pft, whatever. You better not do that again!" she warned, hands on her hips.

"No promises!" Sayori chirped. Natsuki growled and turned on her heels, storming off to the classroom closet.

It hadn't been the worst thing ever, but she'd take that secret to her grave.