Chapter 20

07:00

Matteo's alarm goes off, waking him up. He turns it off, throwing the duvet cover off him.

"What time is it?" Aniyah groans, turning over in bed.

"Just go back to sleep, I'll wake you up later."

Aniyah doesn't question him, she closes her eyes and falls asleep within seconds.

Matteo brushes his teeth and changes into a pair of shorts and a jumper. It's nearing winter so it's becoming a lot more colder and darker as the time passes.

He stands at the stove, making himself some breakfast. He feels two arms snake around his waist and a head rest on his back.

"Hello."

"Hi." Aniyah replies, her eyes closed as though she's about to fall asleep again. "Can you come back to bed?"

"I'm going to go for a run, you can sleep in. Vincent and Lora decided to be lazy today."

"Mkay; I want you to sleep with me though."

"Love." He turns around. "I'll come back to bed when I get back. Unless you want to come on a run with me."

"I'll pass." She steps back.

"Mhm, no." Matteo grabs her before she gets too far away. "You might aswell stay up, why not come for a run?"

"I don't do runs, baby."

"Suit yourself." He shrugs, turning the hob off.

"How many miles?" She rolls her eyes.

"Only 1, I usually do 5 so count yourself lucky."

"Nevermind, I'm not running."

"We're only going to be jogging." Matteo plates his food, turning around to face Aniyah. "Please?"

"Okay, let me change real quick."

* * *

Matteo and Aniyah are outside of her apartment complex, it's brightened up a lot since when they woke up.

"If you don't stretch then you're going to pull a muscle." Matteo tells Aniyah, brining his knee into his chest.

"I have a few ways you could help me stretch." Aniyah smirks at him.

"Let's go." He rolls his eyes, jogging away from her apartment.

"Ay, you can't be ahead of me." She catches up to him, staying at a steady pace along side him.

They're a few minutes in and Matteo is still going strong. Aniyah on the other hand, she's in pieces. If they squint hard enough, they can still see her apartment building.

"Baby, just keep running, don't stop or it'll be worse if you run again." Matteo puts a hand on her back, trying to urge her to keep running.

"I didn't know I was so out of shape." She breathes heavily.

"If you get to keep your body then I might not take you on any more runs."

"That's kind, baby. But don't give me reasons to stop when I'm on the verge of it."

"What reason can I give for you to not stop?" He asks.

"A bribe."

"I'll take you on holiday. Where do you wanna go?"

"That's cute but it won't cut it." She holds her stomach, feeling a stitch coming on.

"If you had to answer then..."