Chapter 27

Friday - 12:57 am

After her very recent break up with Matteo Aniyah has been very sensitive. She's gone into her lectures and her supervisions then left immediately. She would usually go to the library but she didn't feel like it.

Today she decided to make an appearance at the library. She loves libraries because of how quiet people have to be, they have to put their heads down and keep to themselves. She could go to the public library but she's just left her supervision so she's going to the school library.

There are rows and rows of shelves, tables dotted everywhere, computers and beanbags. She has her psychology paper to write so she chooses the beanbags, she has her laptop so she doesn't need to go to the computers.

Her professor sent out an email stating more information about the paper, she's only done 1/4 of the paper and it's stressing her out because her mind is occupied but she's trying to let it go.

The fact that she has to go over to Luca and Sara's place later tonight and look after the kids with Matteo doesn't help.

She heard from Angelo about them not being together so obviously he was partially the reason why. The bad part is that Matteo didn't bother telling his mother, Luca or Sara.

Due to this reason her resentment, spite and hatred for that man is at an all time high. Everything he did after he met up with his dad agitates her. The first thing he did was initiate sex with her knowing damn well what he was going to do later on.

Pretending to hate the sex she had would be ridiculous but getting irritated when she thinks about it is valid. He held her and talked to her as thought nothing was going to happen, but the more she thinks about it the more signs she sees.

"I love you." Matteo whispers, tracing circles on Aniyah's palm.

"I love you too, babe." Aniyah replies, her head on his chest and her hand in Matteo's.

"Don't forget that." He kisses her temple.

"Mhm."

Whatever message he tried sending her by doing that didn't get across to her. If he really loved her then he'd explain and they could still be together.

She wipes the tears that she didn't notice had appeared, luckily for her no one was around to see it.

Taking a swig of her water and repositioning her laptop she begins her work.

Finishing the last lecture of the day Matteo gathers his papers and stuff, throwing them in his bag and heading straight for his office. He closed his office hours today, anyone that wanted to talk to him had the opportunity to find him throughout the day or could have come to his rooms at the end of his lessons.

The thud of his bag on the floor and the slight creaking of his office chair were the only sounds in the room. The sun is setting so it's getting darker and his office was empty, usually he'd have Aniyah sitting on the couch by the coffee table.

A sigh. The only thing that left his mouth in his whole time from the auditorium to his office. His feet are up on the desk and his chin is resting on his hand.

All he wants to do is apologise to her, hug her and tell her it was a mistake, he shouldn't have done it. His little 'threat' wasn't really a threat. It was all a faux, made up.

He learnt the hard way that if you really love someone then the best thing you can do for them is to let them go. That's the only way he can protect her, the longer they stayed together the stronger the relationship, the stronger the bond. Even though he felt like his feelings for her literally couldn't strengthen.