3. The Ritual

The air outside was even colder at night. Grandma dropped me off once again in the woods. The woods were so dark that you could barely see without a flashlight on. I'd texted Roy to ask him if he wanted to walk the last part of my route through the woods with me, because it was already dark outside and grandma wouldn't let me walk alone in the woods at night, which is understandable.

Roy texted back that he and a friend of him will be there at 19:30 to guide me through the dark woods.

''Are you going to be okay while listening to that satanic music? Remember that you can always leave when it's too overwhelming for your autistic mind. And just know that you can always yext me if you need me to pick you up here.'' Grandma said, while she stopped her little red car. Roy and his friend were visible in the car's headlights. ''I'll be alright grandma, don't worry about me. And besides, I think I will stay with my new friend Roy tonight, he seems like he takes good care of people.'' Grandma nodded, ''he seems...'' She looked at Roy through the car window, he was wearing a pink satin dress. ''Interesting... but nice. Well, goodbye then, I will be picking you up here at 12!'' ''Goodbye grandma!''

I stepped out of the car and walked towards Roy and his friend. ''Hey!'' I said. ''Hey!'' Roy replied, ''Eve, this is Nali, my bestie. Nali, this is Eve, my new friend.'' Nali smiled, she was pretty. Her dark hair was braided in 2 French braids, her skin was a lighter shade of brown than her big brown eyes. She wasn't that tall, Roy looked like a giant compared to her.

''Nice to meet you, Eve.'' She said. ''Nice to meet you too.'' I replied, while turning on my phone's flashlight.

During the walk to the church Roy and Nali told me about their favorite Ghost songs. Well, Roy was the one who was talking 90% of the time. Nali seemed to be more introverted, like me.

''Maybe you'll even get to meet the ghouls tonight! But don't flirt with Dewdrop, I already know someone who really, really likes him.'' Roy looked at Nali, who was blushing heavily right now. ''Ah Roy, it's just a little crush.'' She said.

I chuckled, ''it's okay, I won't flirt with this "Dewdrop" guy. Do they all have names like that?'' Roy nodded, ''yes, there's also Aether, Swiss, Rain, Mountain, Cirrus, Cumulus, and Sunshine.'' ''Rain... I really like that name.'' I said, Roy smiled. ''He has like, really, really nice arms, and shoulders, and legs, and ugh, it's just that his whole body looks so good. It's such a shame he isn't gay.''

''Are you gay?'' I asked. ''Honey I'm literally wearing a pink satin dress. What did you expect?'' I shrugged my shoulders. ''I don't know, I mean, I had my suspicion but you never confirmed it. There aren't a lot of gay people where I'm from.'' Roy laughed, ''Oh trust me, there are. They're just hiding.''

When we arrived at the church, Roy and Nali took me to an area of the church that I didn't expect to exist. It was a concert hall. The lights and modern tech looked weird inside of the gothic styled church, but it was beautiful nontheless. There were already a lot of people inside of the hall, and there was a large white curtain, presumably there to make sure we didn't see what was happening on stage. I looked at my watch, the "ritual", as they called it, was about to start in a few minutes.

It's been a while since I stood in a crowd full of people like this. It kinda made me nervous because I didn't know what to expect. I had been to a concert before, with grandma. But that was nothing like this at all. Grandma only made me listen to classical music. It's not like I hated it, it just wasn't really my thing. There were seats at the concert I went to with grandma, and everyone was silent. But now, the concert hadn't even started yet and people were already screaming and spilling beer on me.

Suddenly, music started playing and everyone was screaming. I looked at the stage, but the large white curtain was still there. The song that was playing was an instrumental song, I really liked it actually. Then, there was a shadow of a ghoul playing the guitar on the white curtain. Nali gasped, ''that's Dewdrop!''

The curtain fell down, revealing the band on the stage. Smokemachines filled the stage with smoke, while 3 ghouls with guitars walked to the middle of the stage. The ghouls wore black suits that matched with their black steampunk masks. I really liked the horns on their masks.

''See the middle one? With the really nice body and the bass guitar? That's Rain!'' Roy screamed over all the noise. ''I can see that!'' ''What!'' I laughed, ''that he plays the bass! Not that he has a good looking body!''

Nali rolled her eyes, ''while you guys are being horny over Rain's body, that just looks just like a normal body by the way, I'm going to enjoy the music!'' ''Hey!'' I yelled, ''I wasn't being horny over Rain!'' We all laughed and continued watching the show.

''Kaisarion! A prophecy told...'' Papa sang through the microphone.

I already knew that Papa IV was a good singer, but the rest of the band was also really good. I didn't really know what to expect when I got here, but I actually really liked the songs that they played. Roy kept pointing at different ghouls during the show, telling me their names and other stuff about them. Apparantly "Cirrus" was the ghoul who was playing the piano in the church on Sunday. She had an epic keytar solo during the song "Mummy Dust". Roy told me that he's really good friends with all of the ghouls, because of course he is. People like Roy have way too many friends, simply because they like having many friends and it's almost impossible not to like him.

Papa and the ghouls had such good chemistry on the stage. Roy and Nali kept screaming the lyrics back at them. I didn't because, well, I didn't know any of the songs they played.

They also played the song their started the church service with on Sunday, it's called "He Is". It sounded a lot more powerful with all of the other instruments added into the song.

The last song they played was called "Square Hammer". This song was definitely one of my favorite songs that they played. It surely was an amazing night, I really enjoyed going to the ritual with Roy and Nali.

The lights went on and the doors of the concert hall opened. ''Hey Mountain!'' Roy said into his phone, I hadn't even noticed that someone was calling him. ''Yes I'd love to go to the Ritual-Afterparty! Can I invite my friends as well?'' Roy remained silent for a few seconds to hear what Mountain was saying on the other side of the line. ''Okay! See you there!'' He hung up. ''Girls, guess what, we're invited to the Ritual-Afterparty! I can walk you through the woods first Eve, it's okay if you don't want to go to the party. But I would really like it if you wanted to go, Mountain also sounded excited to meet you.''

I thought for a second. This was really my chance to get closer to the ghouls. If I "befriended" a ghoul, I could ask them where the we summoned, and then I would know where the ghoul-summoning book is.

I smiled, ''I'd love to go there and meet the ghouls! Just let me text my grandma to ask her if I can stay a little while longer.''

''Yes!'' Roy yelled excitedly, ''Nali, are you in as well?'' Nali nodded, ''I wouldn't want to miss an oppurtunity to talk to Dewdrop again!''