Day three

I wake up because I really feel like having to use the toilet. I try to get out of the car as quiet as possible so I don’t wake up Harry but it doesn’t really work. Doesn’t matter in the end, I bet he slept better than if he would’ve slept on that stupid field anyways.

When I get back, he is already awake, apparently texting someone and nodding towards the bathrooms and showers.

“I’m just gonna take a shower really quick”, he says, pointing to his hair that’s still tied into a bun, “Have to wash my hair.”

I nod and while he leaves, I open the trunk and search for the cooling box to grab milk and the bag with food to take some muesli. I put it all down on the little table in front of the car and sit down on the chair, enjoying the peaceful quietness for a while.

How I wish Harry wouldn’t return right now. He’s ruining the whole silence. It’s only day three so there will be more than two weeks left but I still feel like I’m missing out on alone time already.

I text Zayn while eating cereal and take the last spoonful of milk into my mouth when Harry comes back.

He changed into shorts and a light grey t-shirt with a black little smiley in the corner and his hair is falling into his shoulders in long, wet curls.

It’s my first time I actually properly look at him and I of course had noticed that he’s attractive before, but right now, with his hair wet and a small dimple in his cheek as he smiles at me carefully, he actually looks beautiful.

“Want cereal?”, I ask, but he shakes his head.

“Not the breakfast type. I’ll just have an energy bar and some water.”

He searches in his bag for some time before sitting down on the fucking grass and eating slowly while scribbling something into a journal. I knew he was that kind of guy. He's so weird.

I try to indiscreetly watch him while pretending to be on my phone and it’s kind of peaceful, to see him so lost in his notebook, eyes skimming over the page, drops of water falling on the paper, he wipes away with the back of his hand quickly.

I can’t quite tell whether he’s writing really sloppy or drawing something and I wish I could have a look at what he’s doing. It would come across a bit weird though.

“So”, I interrupt his concentrated sketching, I’m pretty sure he’s drawing by now, “I planned on staying here until early evening go for a swim and stay at the beach for a bit and then drive until rather late at night, if that’s alright with you.”

He nods. “Sure. Thank you.”

He’s so, so weird. I am pretty sure I’d feel rather guilty, interrupting a stranger’s trip just like that, apologize all the time or probably not even consider the idea of tramping. He, on the other hand, is so focused, so obsessed with reaching his destination that he doesn’t even think about stuff like that.

He’s kind of like a mystery and it starts bothering me how much I’m obsessing over him. I really want to be able to read him like a book, ask him a thousand questions and then get rid of him so I can finally plan my trip without annoying disruptions like this one.

I close the door behind me when entering the van and change from pyjamas into trunks before grabbing my phone, a towel and the last bar of chocolate.

I stay in the van a bit and stare out of the front window while trying to think of whether I should ask Harry to come with me or not. A minute earlier I said I want to get to know him better, but then again, he’ll leave this evening so the effort probably isn’t worth it.