38. Searching for Ben

Me: Uh...where's Ben.

We went looking for him.

Sammy: Bumpy ran off because of the Scorpius Rex. Ben's probably going after her!

Darius: Then I'm going after him.

What?

Brooklyn: Uh, is everyone else seeing the irony?

Me: Fine, let's go. The sooner we get Ben, the sooner we get out of here.

Darius: we can't risk all of us. The Scorpius is still out there. I'm going alone.

Me: What again? You don't always have to do everything on your own.

Darius: Get to the boat. If Ben and I aren't there by sunrise, well, you know what that means, and then you leave without us.

What? Is he like crazy? We are never leaving someone behind. Never! Darius pretends to hear something from a distance. When we turn, he runs off. We turned back.

Me: Ugh, great. He left off again.

Brooklyn: What do we do now?

Me: We make the boat.

Darius kept looking. I tried calling Darius in the walkie talkie. But, he switched it off. He later heard some rustling in the bushes. Back in the jungle, we were walking.

Kenji: This is the 15th time he did this alone. [sighs] Stupid Darius thought that we are going to leave without him on that stupid boat?

Sammy: Don't worry. He's got major fomo. He'll make it there before sunrise.

Me: But will we? Everything has been torn, knocked down, or trampled. [sighs] Stupid Scorpius is messing up the stupid path to the stupid boat.

Brooklyn: Can we rest, please? That Scorpius is going to find us before we find that boat.

Sammy: Nah, we'll be okay. Kenji, Yaz, and Aanya got this. Right, guys? You got this. I believe in you.

Kenji: Okay? And?

Sammy: And what? I really believe in you guys. Keep up the good work.

Yaz: Did she just encourage us?

Me: Uh, I can't tell. Okay, whatever. Whenever we're on our way to the boat, Darius is always like "Oh did you know the Stegosauruses pull bark off the trees to do this, that, that, and this?" [gasps] Because he always finds a tree with a missing bark. We find that, we find the boat.

Sammy: Great job, you guys. We're going to be out of here in no time.

Um...

Me: I'm so confused.