45. Bad news

Darius: Where's Brooklyn?

No one spoke. Darius pretty much figured out that something bad had happened to her. We just didn't know how to say it.

Back in the lab, Brooklyn has been taken out of the lab.

Dr. Wu: You. You and the other campers. You never made it off the island.

Brooklyn: Oh, you know. Just happened to enjoy death and destruction.

Hawkes: Not to break the reunion but, her friends took the laptop. Watch her!

Some reunion. Back in the forest, Darius heard what happened to Brooklyn.

Darius: What? You left her with them?!

Me: It's all what Brooklyn wanted. We just need a plan to get her back.

Darius: Give them the stupid laptop! Plan done!

Me: It's not easy. Everything that happened on this island, everything that went wrong was all because of Dr. Wu's research. If we give it back, who knows how many more Indominuses or Scorpius Rexes he would create?

Darius: And if we don't give back the laptop, who knows what they'll do to Brooklyn?!

Fair point. No one spoke.

Ben: Darius is right. We don't have a choice. We have to give Dr. Wu the laptop.

Me: Of course! We'll give it back, after we copy and wipe it! Then we get Brooklyn. Dr. Wu gets nothing. And we can take him to the cops in Costa Rica!

Yaz: But how will we copy and wipe it?

Sammy: A flash drive! I got one back from Camp Cretaceous!

Darius: Won't it be easier if we just return the laptop? So that nothing happens to Brooklyn.

Me: Fair point, but I don't think any of us will want to find a dinosaur running around in the world and hurting someone else.