Chapter 5

A few hours went by and Layla was picking up on everything very fast. I even surprised her by allowing her to make a few calls and she didn't flinch. She even requested to spend tomorrow on the phone tomorrow. I knew better than to say no. Her father would kill me.
"I must say, I am really surprised by how familiar you are with working with these clien-"
"I don't understand why you're surprised. I am the daughter of the owner. Let me just take you off your high horse. You're not my trainer, you're my babysitter. I've been studying different clients and all the departments for about three months. You are only here to listen to my calls and tell him what he already knows. Sweetie. Sorry to burst your bubbles but you're just a puppet because he's too busy to listen to my calls himself," she says angrily.
I grab my notepad and jot down some notes while laughing. "Well if babysitting you get me the promotion I want then thank you Mr.Davis for letting me watch your little devil child." I shook my head in disbelief leaning back in my chair waiting for her rebuttal.
Layla smacks my desk and yells, "You got some nerve calling me a little devil child! I'm going to report you to my fath-"
"Go ahead and run to daddy. All I got to do to get back into his good grace is suck-"
BOOM! All I felt was a sting and my face was hot. She slapped me and had a crazy look in her eyes. Thomas quickly runs over to stand in between us while everyone looks in disbelief at us.
I could feel rage boiling up inside me. I was ready to mop the floor with her ass. Before I knew it, I had taken off my heels already and was on top of her punching her. I didn't know if she was fighting back or not. I blacked out just swinging my arms. I heard light voices and felt hands on me but I swore I was on top of her. It took a few seconds for me to realize I blacked out and out no where all I heard was screaming and multiple people surrounded us trying to pull me off of her. It wasn't until I heard Tammy's voice that I fully snapped out of it.
When I looked down Layla was covering her face in tears. Once they got me off of her, Tammy pulled me away from Layla as everyone helped her up. They supported her as she limped to the bathroom to clean herself up.
Thomas had a worried look on his face while watching them.

Tammy was breathing heavily and had a crazy look in her eyes. "Patti what the fuck man! Are you okay," she asks worriedly while shaking. I grabbed her hands and smiled at her to reassure her I was fine.
Thomas walks into the cubicle and pushes me to the corner. "You know you just put your hand on his fucking daughter right? Davis's fucking daughter! Are you crazy," he screams.
I couldn't process what happened. All I know is I felt so relaxed after doing it and I know damn well I'd do it again. I just couldn't believe she put her hands on me. One minute everythings good next minutes she's going off.
Hopefully Mr.Davis doesn't fire me and chooses to just demote me instead. The worried look on Tammy and Thomas face didn't make me feel too good. I punched her numerous times in the face. I should've choked her ass.
Out of nowhere I heard a crazy scream. Tammy and Thomas quickly ran out of my cubicle. They looked frightened. I looked down the walkway and there was Layla's face covered in bruises and her makeup ran down her face. Her dress was hitched up revealing the thong she was wearing. I couldn't help wanting to laugh at her loose little butt jiggling as she slowly walked towards me. Layla looked like she wanted to pounce on me. Her hair was flying everywhere. Everyone was trying to calm her down and keep her at the other end of the walk way but she broke free and began charging towards me.
My heart began to race as I put up my hands to defend myself. Layla quickly pounced on top of me and started slapping me screaming at the top of her lungs. I could tell she wasn't trying to hurt me or maybe she just hit like a bitch. She started crying and slapping me slower. I didn't move just covered my face from her soft hits. She began to cry even louder as she muttered, "How could you be like everyone else. I thought you were...different."
At this point I was just lost. I didn't know what she wanted me to do so I sat up and just hugged her apologizing over and over to her while rubbing her back. The more I rubbed her back the quieter she cried. She began sniffling uncontrollably like a child who just finished throwing a fit. I look across her shoulder with a lost look on my face. Everyone went back to their cubicle as Mr.Davis ran down the walkway taking off his jacket. Cindy followed behind him. He quickly wrapped his jacket around Layla and carried her away to her office. Cindy made sure the jacket was covering all of her as she followed closely beside him. Shutting the blinds after closing the doors.
As soon as the door shut everyone went back to work like nothing happened. Except Tammy, Thomas and I they helped me up off the floor and walked me to my chair. Tammy rubbed my shoulder as she whispers, "What the hell was that? I have never seen him look so frightened before or Cindy."
I shrugged as I responded, "Nor have I. I don't even know what just happened. I can't believe I attacked her like that and I don't even know what all this was about. She just snapped at me then turned into a five year old."
Thomas looks around before grabbing a flash drive on his desk. "I believe this will help you understand what's going on." He puts it in my hand quickly and sits down. "This drive has secret records I was able to find on Layla. She's fucking crazy. Mentally fucked up," he whispers.
Before I could insert it inside my computer he snatches it and shakes his head. "Are you crazy?? Not here. Wait until you get home."
I put the flash drive in my purse and asked,"What did you find ou-"
"Just know it's not safe to talk about this here. I'll follow you home and we'll look over everything together." I nodded as I laid back in my chair. "I just don't know what I'm going to do if I lose this job."
Tammy rests her head on mine as she rubs my shoulder. "You just better think of an excuse and fast. Do overtime with no pay. Something! I don't know what I'd do without you being here. How am I going to get you and Thomas together if you're never here," she whins.
Thomas and I looked at each other and began to laugh. Tammy had been trying to get us together for two years. She even told Davon he wasn't worthy of me. I will never forget that day. He rubbed me for two hours that night and made love to me for 3 hours. Who kew that would be the last time we'd have sex. Of course it would be good sex we'd end everything on. If it wasnt for that night I would've never overheard him on the phone with is ex planning a family trip for them and the kids.
In the middle of my thought I felt my phone vibrating. It was Cindy texting me:

Cindy: What did you do??
Patti: What do you mean what did I do?
Cindy: Layla face is bruised up she's out of it and wont stop crying. WHAT DID YOU SAY TO HER?? Did you really hit her??
Patti: calm down Cin she hit me first okay. I blacked out I didn't mean to hit her but she had no right to touch me.
Cindy: Whyy Patti?? I told you to be careful with her
Patti: So if someone hits me I'm supposed to just sit there for the job's sake and take it. Seriously Cin??
CIndy: you don't get it....just go home. He said he'll deal with you tomorrow
Patti: why cant he tell me this himself
Cindy: JUST GO HOME!
Patti: can you come over tonight Thomas found something interesting
Cindy: Patti no. just get out of here. I have to calm them down. BYE!

I throw my phone on my desk and quickly log out of my systems. Thomas grabs my phone to read over the text messages. He passed it to Tammy before giving me a big hug whispering, "Everything will be okay. Just give them time. Make sure you check that flash drive. It'll answer all your questions."
I sniffle trying to hold back tears. "I'll wait for you to get off. Can you both come over I'll make your favorite." Tammy and Thomas both hug me tight confirming they'll be there as they straighten up my desk for me.
I grab my purse and quickly walk to the punch station. The blinds were now open and I could feel Mr. Davis was watching me as I clocked out. I couldn't help but tremble. I was afraid to make eye contact with him.
When I looked in the office he was now standing in front of the blinds watching me. We locked eyes instantly. He didn't blink. He just stared at me with a dead look in his eyes while clenching his teeth. I didn't see Layla anywhere. Cindy was on the phone arguing with someone from the looks of it. When she got off the phone she quickly ran to Mr.Davis and shut the blinds. I took that opportunity to head towards the elevator. I mashed the button so many times you would've thought someone was chasing me.
When the door finally opened I swiftly hopped in the elevator and hit floor 1. Once the doors closed I let out a big sigh of relief. My heart was still racing. Something about the way he stared at me made me uneasy. He never looked at anyone that way. Lawd what have I done?