.𝟎𝟔 ("ꜱᴜᴘ")

ᴬˡˡ ᵇᵉᶜᵘᵃˢᵉ ⁱ ˡⁱᵏᵉᵈ ᵃ ᵇᵒʸ

third person

jackie woke up to a ear piercing notification that came through her phone. it was from instagram, to which she just thought someone she follows posted on their story. she turned on story notifications for people she actually liked to watch. even though she follows people, doesn't mean she cares enough to know when they make a post or post anything on their story.

when she checked her phone she found that she was wrong about what she originally thought to herself.

brayden.connor started following you.

jackie was confused on who this random person was and why he followed her. then, it clicked. it was the boy who she ran into at target. certain feelings that rushed through her when they locked eyes the first time, came running back to her. her face got warm and a small but noticeable smile crept onto her face.

brayden.connor

brayden.connor
hey

jackie_locke
hii

brayden.connor
i hope this isn't weird that i found your insta
i recognized you after you said ur name.

jackie_locke
no it's not weird dw
im actually glad, i didn't think I was
going to run into you again

brayden.connor
yeah same
i was actually wondering,
do you want to get coffee or smth today with me?

jackie_locke
yeah sure totally

brayden.connor
okay great how about mike's coffee shop at one?

jackie_locke
yeah sure that works

brayden.connor
okay great
see you then

jackie_locke
see you then ;)

see jackie was excited, she hasn't been on a date in months. normally when she does go on dates the guy just turns out to be a dickhead or a creep, so she has yet to actually have a boyfriend since the eighth grade. his name was cole and he was super sweet before they started dating. once they did however, he was an ass to her, but only when he was near his friends. they continued to have classes together and the snarky comments he would make to her made her hate him even more.

now jackie was nervous because it was already 10:oo am, which meant she only had three hours to mentally prepare herself for a 'date'. as of right now, to calm her nerves, she was just getting coffee with a friend wanting to get to know him a little bit better. jackie didn't believe in going on dates with people she didn't know, therefore this is just a casual hang out with a friend that could be a candidate for a date.

jackie was tying her converse as she heard a honk coming from outside of her house. she looked out the window next to her front door and shouted up to her brother, "gavin, he's here im leaving!" in return she got a "okay!" back. she took a deep breath before opening her door and making her way to the passenger side of his car, parked on the side of the road? thats odd. why couldn't he just pull into the driveway, there was only one car parked there so there was plenty of room.

"hey" she greeted with a smile on his face as she buckled her seat belt. he looked her up and down, "sup". she gave him a half smile and tried to continue conversation, "i like your car" she had absolutely no idea what to say, she already wanted to go back home and they still had to get to the coffee shop. "thanks" he said without taking his eyes off the road.

the day ended up being great, jackie learned that brayden was barley talking because he was more nervous than her. once he loosened up a bit, they related to what the other had to say and enjoyed each others company while learning more about each other.

"would you want to do this again sometime?" he asked her, anxiety now free from his voice as he spoke.

"i'd love too" and with that he opened her car door and drove her back home.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

🥥🎶

been a minute, i lost motivation for this book but im hoping i get it back. also.... how are we feeling about brayden??

written: may 29th
published: may 29th