A Very Supernatural Christmas

CHARACTERS — Lillian Winchester, Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester

FANDOM: Supernatural

SEASON 3

For reference of ages, Dean is 28, Sam is 24, and Lillian is 15

x   x   x

"Who knew we would be killing evil Santa."

Lillian laid on Dean's bed, staring up at the ceiling while Dean was carving a stake out of an evergreen branch and Sam was looking at his laptop.

"Lilly, for the last time, it's not evil Santa." Sam sighed as he looked at her.

"Listen, Evil Santa is easier to say than Old Liquor." She said, pronouncing the Norse god's name completely wrong.

"It's Hold Nickar."

"Lilly, start carving." Dean said as he chipped away at the wood he held. The fifteen year old grabbed a branch and knife, sat beside Dean, and started to make her own stake.

"Bobby said this would kill it?" Lilly asked as a piece of wood went flying across the room. She glanced to Dean as he studied his stake, nodding in approval of his work and set it down. When he noticed his sister struggling, he took the wood from her and started make it for her.

"Yeah, that's what he said." Sam replied.

"You know, when all of this is over, we should have our own Christmas." Lillian said to them as she grabbed another branch of evergreen and started to carve again. "Remember the Christmas where eggnog came out of my nose when I was laughing too hard?"

Dean started to laugh as he looked at her.

"How old were you? Ten? Eleven?"

"I was 10, and that burned like a bitch."

Dean and Lillian laughed at the memory. It was only the three of them that year since John was hunting a skinwalker in Northern Arizona. The three planned to have a Christmas with John, but as it got later in the day on Christmas Eve, they knew he wasn't making it.

That Christmas was one of Lillian's favorites. She remembered Dean always turning up the radio when Paul McCartney's song Wonderful Christmastime came on. She remembered Sam helping her wrap Dean's present whenever he left to go out and helping her bake the pre-made cookies from the grocery store on the block over.

When Lillian had eggnog come out of her nose, she was laughing so hard that she had two options: spit it out or choke. No one could remember what was said, but the reaction Lillian had made Dean and Sam cry from laughter.

A stinging sensation tingled Lillian's nose as she reminisced about the happening, smiling a little as she remembered how her brothers' laughs sounded. There was a Christmas cheer the three had that year that they could never explain, but it was definitely better than any other holiday or birthday memory Lillian had.

"Well, you two can have it. I'll be out of it." Sam said to them, making Dean and Lillian scoff.

"Why don't you want to have Christmas? Was it the gift I gave you when I was five?"

That year, Lillian gave him a locket necklace with a picture of Celine Dion in it. As far as she knew, Sam got rid of it.

"No, it's not that."

"Then what is it?" Dean asked.

Sam sat in silence for a moment, sighing as he looked at his hands.

"This is your last Christmas, Dean. I just...I don't want to celebrate something like this and spend the rest of my life alone."