1

[Cult of Rebirth]
══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

━ You walked down the bustling streets, trying to manoeuvre your way to your destination. You squeezed yourself through every gap, through anything that looked like an opportunity to get there faster. You were tired, you were sweaty, you were anxious.

You manage to get there in time, you have an important meeting with someone. You inhaled the cold bittersweet air and went into a small cafè. You took off your coat and hang it on a nearby coat rack. You received stares from everyone in the room. Some stared at you with lust, some stared at you with little to no interest and only one stared at you with care.

The Ambassador.

You grinned and made your way over to him. A group of men behind the Ambassador looked at him with jealousy and disgust, they see the Ambassador the epitome of feminine man. The Ambassador smiled back, signalling you to sit down. You sat at the square table, next to him.

He gave you the menu as the waitress cam up with a notepad and pen in hand. She smiled softly at both of you and click the end cap of the pen a few times.

"What would you like to order?" she asked in a polite tone, her eyes shone with patience and kindness.

"I would like a cup of mocha cappuccino," the Ambassador answered with the same tone he used for everyone. "And a slice of strawberry cheesecake."

She nodded and wrote down his order before looking in your direction. She clicked the end cap of her pen a few times, signalling that it's your turn.

You stared at the menu, indecisive about the decision of drinks and desserts that is on the menu. There's so much to choose from, yet you can't have all of it.

"How about our this week chef's specials?" she suggested with a genuine sweet tone.

You nodded, "Yes, I'll go along with that."

She grinned, and did a subtle jump. "You're order will be right up!"

The Ambassador chuckled as the waitress skipped to the counter with their order. His eyes gleamed with delight as he fiddle with his white quill, writing something down in his notebook.

"Humans these days, some are so kind and energetic," he said softly.

"Indeed, they are," you said, imitating his tone.

He began to wrote something down, words in ancient language, readable yet very messy.

"How's the cult doing?" he finally asked the question that they have long wanted to answer.

"The cult is doing spectacular. The acolytes are independent yet they still held strong faith in you," you were cut off by the Ambassador. "Us. You meant us."

Your cheeks flushed red as you forgot that you're apart of it. "Remember, darling. You're in this too," he said, smiling.

"They have strong faith in us, but the acolytes are becoming lesser." You said in disappointment. "They began to believe in the Countryhumans instead."

He looked at you, as if he wanted you to continue your monologue.

"They began to believe that these 'Countryhumans' will bring everlasting peace and prosperity. They, too, believe that these 'Countryhumans' are Gods, they see them as blessings. They believe that they are the Supreme God!" you lashed out.

"Calm down, my dear," he told you. "We will find a way to get our acolytes back."

His eyes then gleamed, he had came up with an idea. "How about you get the Countryhumans to join our cult? We then could manipulate them to convince other's to join us," he grinned.

I smiled along with him, this was an ingenious plan. You then frowned, getting them to join your cult would be difficult. They are powerful beings, immune to manipulation and they have everything they need—money, power, women and men at their feet. 

"Why the long face?" the Ambassador asked in genuine concern.

"What if I fail?" you answered. "What if I fail to get them on our side?"

"You won't fail," he reassured you, his gloved hand caressing your cheek. "You are as fair as the sea and the sun. You are ethereal that even my Father would kneel on his knees in front of you."

You grinned at his compliment, leaning in to his touch with eyes closed. You and him stayed in that position until the waitress came out with your order. She placed the Ambassador's mocha cappuccino and strawberry cheesecake first before placing your order, this week chef's special— a chai tea latte and a blueberry cheesecake. She then place the silver cutlery on the plates. 

"Enjoy!" she said and skipped away, her skirt lifting up a bit—making the sleazy men behind the Ambassador whistled a cat-call towards her.

You stared at them in disgust as they made lewd comments towards the poor waitress. One of them caught you staring and you just look away. You took the silver fork and have a bite out of the cheesecake, it was delicious. The cream cheese melted in your mouth and you moaned in your mind. This is the most heavenly cake you have ever tasted.

"Hey, little [Lady/Boy]. How about I breed you and you can be a stay-at-home parent?" one of the sleazy men said as he made a inappropriate hand sign.

The Ambassador looked behind him and they got scared and stayed silent. You don't know what the Ambassador did but whatever he did must be terrifying to see. The Ambassador turn back with a smile on his face, he likes it when other's—horrible people—fear him. Like how these mortal's fear his Father's wrath.

You decided to change the subject, something that would get your mind off things. "Chai tea latte is basically saying tea tea latte."

"Oh my, I don't know why they decided to name a drink that literally says tea twice." he stated, he strongly believe that it was stupid to put tea twice in a drink's name.