2

[Cult of Rebirth]
══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

━You looked at the ground that was stained with crimson liquid pooling round the dead body and your expensive shoes, it almost stained your robe red too. You grimaced at the scene in front of you, eyes squinted, eyebrows furrowed and your face held your infamous frown. You were beyond disgusted to see your followers, your darling acolytes, not following the norms of sacrificing. The old man in front of you, that sweet old man who had a sweet old wife. You knew them, they were you're neighbours. They used to bring you freshly baked cookies and sometimes they invited you to their warm and cosy home for snacks and to spoil you like the grandparents they are.

Now one of them is dead. You specifically put their names, their full names, into the "Who To Not Sacrifice" list. You even added cute photos of them, the photo of you scarfing down chocolate chip cookies with the sweet old man and lady doing a pose for their selfie. A photo where you were celebrating Christmas with them, all three of you wearing ugly sweaters that the old lady made.

You slowly turned your head, a shadow cast over your face as your darling acolytes, the ones' who were involved in this ritual of giving life to their deity, looking at you like happy puppies, wanting to get praised and receive head pats. You walked towards one of them, the one who scheduled this ritual in your Holy Sanctum. You clenched your fist and lift them by their collar, they just looked at you like a confused puppy, wondering why their owner is acting so harsh.

They gave you a confused expression, eyes swirling with bewilderment as they try to figure out the meaning behind your actions. The next thing they knew, they were seeing stars, they felt pain and bruised. They moaned in agony, pain and misery. How could their deity do this? What did they do to deserve this?

"Your Grace....what did we do wrong?" they choked out a sob as you tighten your grip around their neck, making it hard for them to breathe.

"I thought I made it clear..," you said, their face turning blue due to the lack of oxygen. "None of the people on the list shall get harm."

The person you choked stopped breathing, you looked at the other acolytes. They showed fear, their eyes resembling the one's who are damned. They eyes of dread, sorrow, and misery. They started to blink away the tears as the carcass was released from your hold, a hand mark on their neck.

"Let this be a warning to you all, the one's who hosted this ritual," you said, your eyes showing no mercy, no warmth, just cold eyes like the iciest winter. "Not one of you can bypass the list."

They nodded their heads, trembling like they're in the coldest tundra of Russia. You looked back at the hostage they kidnapped, a small country that other countries won't notice. What a pity for this country, they don't get enough attention.

Liechtenstein, a small country between two famous countries, Austria and Switzerland. You stared at his traumatized and pity form. He was tied up, mouth gagged and was crying at the sight of fresh blood and human carcass. He shivered, trembling like a leaf on a windy day. His eyes filled with endless terror and fear, the emotions you never want in your future acolyte's eyes.

You made small steps towards him, slow steps as to not scare him even more, trying to show him that you can be gentle too. Liechtenstein saw the opposite, your form was terrifying. The way you looked and walked towards him was like the one's of a hungry predator, starving and observing their prey before jumping on them-ripping their organs out, staining the cold snowy ground red.

He looked away when you got closer, closing his eyes as if it would shield him from the attack that you will do. That's why he was taken aback by your next action, an action that showed compassion and love. The same empathy was shown in your eyes too, how dare he mistook you as a monster. You were caressing his cheek with so much care, he forgotten he was kidnapped.

He closed his eyes, and leaned into your touch, your sweet and loving gesture. You smiled at him, not out of care but out of triumph. You have manage to fool him into thinking that he finally have someone that cares or him. You stop your actions, slowly retracting your hand away from him. He used to looked at you in ear, now he is in your hands, he was wrapped around your finger. He now looked at you with the same loving and adoring expression that your acolytes does. You removed the gag and released him from the cold shackles.

You leaned in and gave out a breathy whisper, "It's okay, you're safe. You will get the attention and love you need here."

You embraced him in your arms, Liechtenstein felt warm and safe. He hugged back, inhaling your intoxicating scent. You smelled like moondust and the cold night air. He felt like he could pass out from exhaustion and from the way you smell, your intoxicating scent has made him sleepy. His surroundings became blurry, like he has a problem with his eye sight. His mind felt drowsy as if he inhaled the scent of chloroform, maybe he did. He gave in and sleep into his sleepless desire.

You placed your left arm under him and carried him like a parent carrying their child, except it was more of a grown man. You eyed the exit and walked towards it while your acolytes were trying to convince you to let them carry Liechtenstein. You refuse their offer, using your right hand to sending them away.

How easy it was to trick someone, a country so small and not known. A country that deprives love and care from their own kin, their citizens. You will provide that, you will provide everything he need, as long he is wrapped around your finger. You will spread your cult, your beliefs and your God, your dear Ambassador. Sometimes, you wonder if he cherished and loved you like you did to him.

You laid him down on your bed, the servants eyeing him with jealousy. What did he do to get to sleep on your bed, your bed that has your scent?

"Leave us, please," you commanded politely. The servants obeyed their master's order and left the room.

You sat on your King size bed next to him, observing his features. He sleeps silently and peacefully on your bed, it made you feel bad to eat him. He looks delicious, appetizing in your eyes. You slightly drooled and quickly wiping your saliva off with your silk sleeve. You must control yourself, you can't eat this poor man.

But a small taste won't hurt right? Just a subtle bite, a small taste of his flesh. You carefully role up his right sleeve, making sure he doesn't wake up. You lift his arm up, feeling and caressing his soft skin. As you were about to take a bite, he stirred a bit in his sleep, making your blood run cold.

Your eyes were side open, pupils constricted, eyebrows raised and furrowed as your hands trembled with fear of getting caught. You have easily gotten his trust, that also meant that you could easily lose it. You waited for him to open his eyes, to show signs that he is awake. You were trying to calm down, your mouth was wide open, showing your sharp canines.

He didn't wake up, he was still in his everlasting dream. You let out a sigh of relief, thanking yourself and the Ambassador that he didn't wake up. You slowly bring his arm to your mouth, leaning you body down as to not wake Liechtenstein up.

With your sharp canines, you took a small and subtle bite of his arm. Not only does he smell heavenly but his flesh taste the same way. Your face turned red in satisfaction of this unintentional small snack. You wanted more, but you controlled yourself. One small bite, that's the promise you made to yourself, have some self control.

You bandaged his arm and roll his sleeve down, putting his arm back in place. You stood up from your bed, face still red from satisfaction, and left the room. You will comeback for him later.

Maybe you should target an Organization next.