Chapter 2: Humans or beasts

(Ok, so Lincoln will be 12 instead of 11.)

The next morning in a town called Wartwood, an elderly frog man was driving a cart with his large snail. In the cart for the ride was his two grandchildren.

"Alright, kids, imma do a little shopping, you watch the cart." The grandpa ordered his grandchildren.

"You got it, Hop Pop," said the young frog boy. "I'll defend this cart with my life!"

"Sprig, I was talking to Polly." Hop Pop corrected.

"What?" Sprig asked. "Polly's a baby." He said causing Polly to look at him as she was very mad at him.

"YOU'RE A BABY!" His sister yells back at her brother as she really doesn't like being called a baby from other people around her.

"Polly's got more responsibility in her little flipper than you have in your entire body." Hop Pop said, defending the young tadpole.

"Ridiculous, what makes you think I'm irresponsible?" Sprig said causing his grandfather to look at him with a deadpan face.

"Oh gee, let me think." Hop Pop said mentioning a lot of Sprig's irresponsible actions.

"Okay, so yesterday was a bad day." Sprig said as Hop Pop leaped out of the cart. "Polly, make sure Sprig stays in the cart." Hop Pop ordered his granddaughter.

"Wish there was a way to prove I'm such a goof up." Sprig sighed when suddenly, the same frog that Lincoln and Anne encountered ran into town screaming.

"Monsters, there's two monsters in the woods!" He said, catching his breath. "Now simmer down, Wally, just tell us what you saw." Said the mayor.

"Oh, they were horrifying," continued Wally. "They both had a huge head, a weird, stubby bump in the middle of the face, and long legs!" The townsfolk gasped in horror.

"We better catch these beasts before they hurt someone because for Mayor Toadstool, your safety comes first." the mayor said.

"That's the responsible thing to do." Wally added.

"Polly, I just had a great idea, I'm going to catch those beasts and save the town!" Sprig announced to his sister.

"Stop right there!" Polly said, stopping Sprig. "Hop Pop said that you had to stay in the cart, YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T TAKE ME!" She said

Sprig grunts as he decided to bribe Polly.

"Oh, Polly look, candy." He said dropping the candy in front of his sister. He knows that Polly likes candy so much.

"Bribe accepted." Polly said as she ate the candy.

"Let the monster hunt begin." Sprig said as he jumped out of the cart and into the woods.

"Don't die!" Polly shouted as she continued eating her candy.

Sprig was going deeper in the woods searching for "the beasts." He pulled out his slingshot just in case one of them came out. He noticed a footprint that belonged to one of the human kids.

"Seems like the beasts roam these parts," Sprig said. "Probably a good place for a..."

He screamed as his foot was caught in the trap Anne set. Anne walked near Sprig, holding a big branch. "Caught ya, thought you got the best of old Anne, well you didn't." She announced as Sprig gasped.

"Giant heads, weird limbs, face bumps, THE BEAST!" He yelled.

"Stop following me." Anne snapped. "I have bad news for you, beasts, I taste terrible." Sprig said with confidence.