26

By the time I woke up the next morning, Cayden was already awake and clicking around through social media on her phone while my head rested on her chest.

"Good morning," I said as I stretched, feeling as if I had the best sleep of my life. I wasn't sure if it was the sex or the bed itself—or a combination of both, but either way, I never wanted to get up.

"Good morning," Cayden looked down at me and smiled. "Nice bedhead."

I groaned in embarrassment, running my hands through my brown locks to smooth it out. My hair wasn't bad, but it had a tendency to go wherever it wanted when I slept on it. Multiple rounds of incredible sex and orgasms probably didn't help either.

Cayden laughed, "Don't do that, it's cute," she said as her soft fingers glided up the bare skin of my arm, "What are your plans for the day? Do you want me to make you breakfast?" Cayden asked as her dark eyes rested on me, "I think I'm going to the gym soon if you want to join me."

My heart unintentionally fluttered at her many suggestions that included us spending even more time together than we already had. I mean her cooking me breakfast sounded amazing, and going to the gym with her... sounded just as incredible—and I knew after our joint workout that we'd end up in the shower having another round of sex. While it all sounded tempting, I knew I made plans with Griffin last night to grab a coffee from Yolei's, plus I didn't want to be a burden and press my luck with Cayden. The last time Cayden and I spent a night together, the morning had been the worst part. Although, this morning seems to be going way better—actually better than better.

"No you don't have to make me breakfast, it's no big deal," I said.

"Are you sure?" she asked with her head slightly tilted as if she were analyzing my response carefully, "What about the gym?"

I lightly shook my head, "I have to meet one of my friends for coffee, so you can just go without me," I assured her.

Cayden smiled slightly and then leaned over to kiss me on the forehead, "Alright," she said. As she settled into the warm bed, I stood up, wrapping one of the grey furry throw blankets around my naked body.

"What, so now you're going to be modest?"

My face flushed a bright red so hot—I could feel it, "It's... sunny out."

"And you still look good in the sun. Imagine that."

My heart melted just the tiniest bit but I tried to shake it off. Everything with Cayden had basically just started, there was no need for bringing serious emotion into it yet. Especially, considering the phone call I witnessed last night from Zera.

I gathered my clothes from the floor and walked to the bathroom, not bothering to close the door behind me. Cayden had decidedly been too kind about how I looked, my hair looked fine, but my makeup was smeared slightly under my eyes. I pulled my cold clothes back on before wiping the makeup under my eyes away and smoothing my hair down with my hands.

"I think I'm going to head out?" I said it as more of a question, unsure of where we were. Part of me wanted to spend all day in bed, wasting away time and having sex with Cayden. But another part of me wanted to be practical. I had to meet Griffin and catch up with Jade and Jaci—god knows how many messages they've sent to my phone by now. At least school is out for winter break so that's one less thing on my plate right now, but even if I don't have school work, Cayden probably has work to do today and things to handle.

I mean who's even to say that she wasn't just offering to be kind or nice? Maybe she didn't even want to make breakfast or bring me along to her gym. She might feel obligated after we spent all of last night together. She might even be trying to make up for the way our last morning went after spending the night together. Or... maybe I'm dissecting this too thoroughly, besides, I made my decision.

"Okay, first I need you to put your number in my phone," she held her phone out to me causing my lips to unconsciously jerk up into a soft smile. I gently grabbed the phone from her extended hand and typed my number in, leaving the contact name empty so that she could choose what she wanted to put for me, "It's weird that I didn't have it yet," she admitted as she took the phone from my hand and filled in the contact name.

I hummed in acknowledgment as I tucked a piece of my light hair behind my ear, "I'll see you okay?"

Cayden looked at me, her dark eyes traveling up my body, "Okay."

I easily picked up on her low tone and the look displaying in her dark lustful eyes, "You can't tempt me to stay," my voice light and teasing. Even with my protesting, I didn't actually want her to stop—I liked the playful teasing side of her, it's cute.

"I'm just... looking," Cayden searched for the word as her raspy voice managed to grow lower. I rolled my eyes playfully as my lips displayed a stupid grin.

Cayden ended up getting out of bed and walked me to the door, gently kissing me goodbye as I was about to leave. In a way, I knew once I left we were going to go back into reality and I'd have to deal with what that meant. Would Cayden regret all of it? Would I regret all of it? Would our night together mean we were going to start dating or we were going to keep it strictly casual and see how things went?

The goodbye kiss was gentle and sweet, but mostly familiar. I missed it the second I walked away and spent my entire Uber ride to Yolei's thinking about it, having the kind of sex flashbacks that took my breath away. Eventually, I had to reply to the texts Jaci and Jade sent me, checking up on me and seeing how I was. I responded to them, telling them that my night went amazing and that I'd see them when I got home. Griffin ended up responding to the text that I sent him moments after I left Cayden's, informing me that he was ten minutes away from Yolei's and that he'd order our drinks.

Excitement bubbled in me when the Uber finally pulled up in front of the quaint coffee shop that was comforting and familiar. I didn't waste time making my way into the coffee shop where Griffin was seated at one of the two-person tables beside the large window. He displayed a knowing smile as he sat sipping his warm latte in an olive green crewneck and grey sweatpants. The look on his face made it entirely known that he already had a sense of what happened last night.

"Last night's clothes... That's a good sign," he teases me with a smile as I sit down in front of him.

My face heats up as I gently grab the tea that he ordered for me, "The walk of shame is already shameful enough," I joke as I begin sipping my tea. Even though it was considered the walk of shame, nothing about it felt shameful—if anything it felt good, amazing even. Cayden and I finally had sex, real sex—not just watching each other orgasm without participating. It felt liberating and satisfying, but mostly I felt so happy—like I could smile all day until my cheeks grew overly sore that they gave out on me.

"Oh cut the bullshit I know you're secretly giddy inside," he laughed which caused a wide grin to spread on my face against my wishes, "Aw look at you... smiling like a hormonal teenager."

I roll my eyes playfully, "Stop that," I said trying to tug my lips back down, but there was no use—the smile only grew as Cayden vividly flashed in my head.

Griffin laughs through his nose as he swallows a sip of his warm latte, "I need details right. fucking. now."