Chapter 1: It hurts. And I can't kick the pain away.

TWs are in the chapter before this one. please read those first before you get into this story!

Enjoy!

-------------

It was a warm fall morning, the sun slowly making its way across the blue sky, as the wind blew harshly through the forest life. A young teen, almost 16 years old, going by the name of Reak ran through the wilderness frantically and panicked, the leaves crunching and crumbling under their weight as their breathing hitched and ice cold tears ran down their fear stricken face.

But, how did it come to this?

How did they deserve this?

What wrongdoings did they do in their life, to get punished like this?

The teen stopped running, catching their breath while leaning on a nearby tree, exhaling a white puff of freezing air, their shining cold body reflecting and bending the few light rays that hit them. It pained them. Everything felt so painful... Their head, their legs their feet their feelings, everything!

Reak stared at the leafy ground, tears pricking their eyes as they recalled the happenings from a few hours prior.

They never wanted it to be that way.

.
.
.

Reak walked happily along the streets, their beloved Cello strapped to their back humming to the music they were listening to.

Their morning started out almost perfectly. While they didn't get to oversleep on that saturday, they had fun watching some TV, eating breakfast, chatting with some online friends and finally going out of the house with their beloved cello. That day they and a few other musicians had a fun little meeting, just to hang out and play some music together.

Everything was perfect so far, besides the slight headache and excessive sweating.

Everything was fine.

It. Was. Just. Fine.

But, unbeknownst to them--- at that point in time---, their life would take a huge turn that morning, never to be the same again. Their mind would be falling into an abyss of questions with no answers. Their body would change to the point of no recognition.

Their world would crumble at the edge of their hands...

The happy teen passed through some houses, entering a little passage, a shortcut, towards their destination. They felt fine. The increasing headache and their body feeling cold and warm at the same time didn't bother them. It wasn't odd for them to feel sick. They had to make it through worse before.

So they continued to just ignore the increasing feeling of dread, of their breathing fastening and their body burning up while feeling ice cold.

They just walked.
And walked..
And walked...

Until they held their chest in unbearable pain. It was in no way "normal" anymore. It felt like getting too close to the sun while also getting too far away. It felt out of this world, but somehow somewhat bearable.

The 15 year old teared up, never having felt this hurt before. After taking a few deep breaths to lessen the pain, Reak started walking again, only for their legs to give out and their body to fall limb, their instrument falling beside them on the pathway after the loose straps fell off Reaks shoulders.

It was so... cold... They felt so cold all of a sudden.
And it hurt.
What was happening to them?
Were they sick?
Were they dying?
But they were fine before.
It hurt.
It hurt a lot.

"Make it stop...", they choked, calling out for help in a croaked whisper.

.
.
.

Their silent plea wasn't answered.

Instead, the pain intensified, making them wince and silently cry. It spread like a parasite into every limb, every organ, every cell of their body.

... If they had to die anyways, then why so painfully? They could've died a simple, painless death. So, why did it have to be like this?

But nobody came.
Nobody came to answer their questions.

And so, it continued to hurt more and more. The teen fought back a scream, biting their jackets sleeve to bear with the horror they were experiencing.

Was it perhaps stupid to not scream and hope to get helped? Perhaps, but they had no time to think about such trivia, the pain not giving them the break they very much needed.

The teen fought the pain, to survive, to live, to not die. It was a survival instinct trying to keep them alive. But how do you fight something incorporeal?

By biting where it hurts?
By kicking a nearby can?
By staying awake?

Reak couldn't think of anything at this point, so they irrationally bit their hand, kicked their cello while rolling on the ground, forcing themself to stay awake.

But an average human being can only do so much against something they have little to no control over.

And with that, the teens pain induced body's vision went black, as their consciousness forced them to sleep after that long battle. Their last thoughts barely made it as their grip on reality slipped.

What was happening?

.
.
.

------------

A/N:

Hello, everyone!

Thank you for reading this story and/or Author's Note.

Yes, if you know me as PotatoReak and expected another story updating, then I am really sorry, but I just cannot write Dream SMP stuff right now.

Doesn't mean I'll disappear. Instead, I'll be part of this HUGE Undertale collab, called "UnderTale Awakening" by Originalsparkstar.

This is the 1st Chapter and I can't wait to give you people more! :D

Of course, I'll make the chapters longer. This is only a little teaser :]

So, with that said, hope ya enjoy your stay on this long long ride.

Expect Angst, Trauma and the occasional fluff, so buckle up before I'll throw you off this rollercoaster!!

Til next chapter, everyone! :]

26.10.2022

1. Edit: 9.12.2022