3

April and you enter a large doorway, the door now long gone. Inside of the old warehouse were all of the turtles, a nice-looking cake box, and Mayhem. 

You hadn't even realized his disappearance, somehow. It's like he had just vanished whenever you and April had entered the docks. Maybe he had run off? You did overhear April say something about regaining energy... It's possible he knew a good place to rest.

"April!! You're finally here!" The orange one waves excitedly, jumping up slightly. April smiles in their direction, "Finally? I was only a few steps behind you!" 

The blue masked one leans on the white fold-able table, which you assume they had brought themselves, "Yeah, but we're ready to get this party started," He shifts in the direction on the cake box, using one of his fingers to flick it open. But when he hits it, it doesn't move, "Uhm, hang on."

He turns around and keeps flicking it with one finger. After multiple attempts he uses his whole hand to latch under the flimsy cover and lift it up. When one hand doesn't work, he uses two. The group watches him silently, wondering if he's going to just tear the box open at some point.

Eventually the purple masked one gets bored of quiet suffering and reaches an arm of his own out to help. He peels off a bit of tape that was keeping the lid sealed onto the box. The blue one stands still, his eyes following the purple one's arm, "I knew that was there, I was just testing to see how long it would take you to help me out."

"Okay, I've helped you," The purple says, "How long did I take?"

...

"Shut up!" The blue pushes the purple over, and they both stumble away. Claws stretch out of the purple's artificial shell to help them with the impact and to stand up straight quickly, but the blue crashes into the floor, his entire idea backfiring. The red one clears his throat to grab the attention of everyone else, including you.

You look back at him and see that he's holding a large knife, one that looks more like it's used for slicing meat, definitely not cake, "So, who's ready to eat?" April and the orange masked turtle exclaim their eagerness, walking towards him. He opens the box and the four of you look at the cake.

It's a nice rectangle, covered in even white icing. Green frosting at the top says in big letters, 'Happy 17, April!'. Near the bottom is five figures standing together. It's probably hard to draw people with frosting, but the figures are clearly supposed to be the turtles and April, with April standing in the middle of them all.

The orange one grins widely, turning their head to watch April's reaction, "So, do you like it??" They ask, their voice changing pitches in the middle of it. April's mouth opens slightly in response, like she's shocked, "Like it?? Mikey, I love it!" The two of the quickly embrace, both clearly happy about the cake.

While they do that, the red masked one puts his knife into the cake, ruining the art piece. April and the orange one stop hugging around the same time that the other two turtles finished their 'fight' and decided to come rejoin the group, "Here, the biggest piece for birthday girl... Oh, wait," A thick air fills the room as everyone stands quietly, wondering what the pause was for. 

"Where are the plates?" Every turtle looks between each other, trying to pinpoint which one of them forgot them, "Uh, wasn't Donnie in charge of that one?" The purple one shakes their head, "No, I am in charge of providing the music," The blue one looks at him curiously, "Oh, yeah? Then where's that?" Purple sighs in response, looking at her brother disappointingly, "Inside my battle shell, which is also connected to our wonderful light source. You can thank me whenever seems most suitable."

"What? You bring that shell everywhere, so it doesn't count if you bring it tonight," The 'fight' picks up once more, "Okay, that's not a very good counter, but I'll let you keep it. So then may I ask, where are the drinks?" "Ehmm-" Blue makes a noise, no exact words coming out. He becomes visibly nervous, "Okay, so maybe some things were forgotten."