002. the bronze fury

PALE FINGERS RAN ACROSS the stones of hallways, stopping at every carving to look at and examine it thoroughly

PALE FINGERS RAN ACROSS the stones of hallways, stopping at every carving to look at and examine it thoroughly. They all depicted the same thing. Dragons, warriors, knights, chivalry. 'Westeros is nothing like this' Aemma thought.

She had only been at Dragonstone for a week, yet she found it incredibly boring. It was all drab walls, carvings that were entirely inaccurate, and nothing to do. Lucaerys was entirely too young for a girl of seventeen to really enjoy spending time with him, and with Jacaerys, it was entirely too awkward.

So she resorted to wandering around. It was times like these that she wished she was far more interesting. At her age, Rhaenyra had been called the Realm's Delight. All Aemma was called was a nuisance.

Examining this engraving on the wall almost made her forget about her surroundings. Only the crashing of waves behind her, the smell of ocean air, and a voice cutting through it all.

"Princess Aemma!"

She knew that voice anywhere. Jacaerys. A sigh escaped her lips as she turned on her heels, looking to the boy. Brown hair and deep purple eyes that she could recognize anywhere too.

"Prince Jacaerys." Aemma forced a small smile on her lips. Only being there for a week, it was hard to sit and pretend that she knew Dragonstone. She was only here because she was engaged to be married, and Viserys said that it would be good for Rhaenyra and Aemma to spend time together while she is a maiden. By the Seven, it made Aemma sick to think about.

"Jace, please," He said. Although he technically was above her in station, Jace still offered the platinum haired girl a bow, one she returned with her curtsy. At least, it was supposed to be a curtsy.

'Perhaps Rhaenyra sent him to entertain me.' It only made her muscles tense more, lilac eyes trying his best to avoid his full gaze. Rather than meeting his eyes, looking to the bridge of his nose.

"Would-" Jacaerys started to stumble over his words before recollecting his thoughts, leaning up against the stones of the wall. "-Would you like me to show you around? Mother has mentioned you seeming lost and upset, and I- and I thought I might ask." His smile was large and lopsided, an infectious one that urged Aemma to set her attitude aside.

Lilac eyes glanced around, trying to avoid his gaze. It felt like it burned into her chest, seeing through her act of indifference. Aemma might try and pretend all she might, but she was not the stoic princess that she claimed to be.

"Perhaps. Care to share where you might show me that I have not already seen?" Aemma pressed for some type of clue as to where Jacaerys might show her that she had not seen the night before. Not that she would let on that she had been out of her chambers at such an early hour.

"Have you seen the dragonmont, princess?" Jacaerys questioned.

"Of course I have. It is a mountain that the castle is named for, it would be hard to miss it."