Chapter 1: Don't Trust The Gribbles (Prologue)

"No fair! You're REALLY going to Alamoland?!" A raspy voice exclaimed from the hallways from Tom Landry Middle School. Bobby and Joseph had been talking by their locker that mornings as usual. "How did you even manage to pull that off?! Hotels are usually BOOKED around this time!" Bobby said. "Yeah...Well... Uh. My dad didn't exactly buy a hotel...." Joseph said nervously, pulling the collar of his shirt. Bobby raised an eyebrow at his friend's statement. "Techinically...Someone ELSE did!" Joseph tried reassuring his friend. "Hey Joseph~" someone called from not too far away. The two boys turned their head to see Joseph's girlfriend, Lori. 

Lori was... A piece of work to say the least. Sure, she looked sweet and innocent on the outside, but she was a master manipulator. She knew her boyfriend's strengths and weaknesses, his greatest flaws. And knowing Joseph was sometimes a few fries short of a happy meal, he was easy to wrap around her little finger. "Are you still gonna come with me and my friends to Alamoland?" she asked sweetly, causing Joseph to blush. "Y-Yes. My da- I mean I will be uh...Going with you guys...To uh...Alamoland." Joseph replied, feeling his palms sweating. The bell soon rang, causing the many students to head to their classes. Joseph was about to follow, but Lori grabbed his wrist. "Meet me at lunch, k', babe?" She mused. "Yeah. Later, du- I mean babe." Joseph replied, jerking away.

Back on Rainey Street, Dale and Bill were standing in the alley, sipping on a few cold ones. "Yep." Bill said as Dale sipped his beer. Dale then lowered his can and inserted his cigarette. "Yep..." He replied, letting out that string of smoke. "So Joseph and I are going to Alamoland with his ladyfriend." Dale explained. "Joseph is going on his first date? How is he-" Bill was cut of quickly by Dale. "First SUPERVISED date, Bill. That Lori may look innocent, but she looks like the kinda girl who will pull at your heartstrings to get you to do whatever stupid thing she wants. Like that one girl who got dragged down the garbage shoot by a bunch of squirrels." Dale corrected, taking another puff of his cigarette. "Come on, Dale. She can't be that bad." Bill said. "I mean Lenore wasn't one of those...Oh..." He began to put two and two together and quickly stopped talking. "Well. Better go pack my suitcase! I'll be sure to take photos!!!" Dale then walked off, leaving Bill all alone. "And so it begins..." Bill said to himself. He then pulled out a phone from his pocket and began to speed dial a number. "Hello?" Peggy said from the other line. "Peggy! Where's Hank? I need to speak to him! It's about our secret plan that Dale isn't supposed to know about." Bill said. "Bill. Hank is at work. You called our home number." Peggy then hung up. "Oh....Well how about this one then." Bill dialed the next option and managed to grab a hold of Hank.

"Strickland Propane. Taste the meat, not the heat." Hank greeted over the phone. "Hank! It's Bill! Dale told me he and Joseph are going to Alamoland tonight! Something about a girl named Lori?" Bill responded. Hank looked around his office for a minute, hoping no one could hear, before going back to the call. "I reserved a hotel for tomorrow. As much as I'd love to let Dale be a father himself, I just don't trust him this trip." Hank said, pulling up an email about the hotel they'll be staying at with Dale and his party. "I'll print out the details during my lunchbreak, we'll look over everything when I get home." He said, Bill's eyes widening. "Dale is a great guy, but if there's one thing I've learned...It's to not trust the Gribbles to do anything on their own." Hank the hung up after he said this.