Chapter 3: A Bad First Impression

After hours, both parties finally arrived at Alamoland. Embarrassed by the current circumstances, Joseph quickly hopped out of the passenger seat in his dad's van and grabbed his suitcase. "You go find our hotel room, dad. I'm gonna...." Joseph paused for a second, sweat pouring down his face. "Use the bathroom!" He made a run for it before Dale could say another word. Joseph found the nearest bathroom stall and crammed himself in. He the pulled out his phone and began to dile Lori's number. "...Hello?" "Lori! It's Joseph! Where are you right now?" Joseph said, panicking. Lori, feeling awkward, said she was at the outdoor pool with a few friends. "Look, I need to be careful out here. My dad insisted on coming with me an-" Joseph was cut off, "Your DAD is here?!" Lori screamed over the phone. "Dude. I'm just as angry as you are, but-" Joseph was then cut off again by hearing footsteps followed by the lighting of a cigarette. "I...I'm sure that's just some other guy who just so happens to smoke." Joseph muttered quietly, his heart rate increasing as the footsteps grew closer to his stall. "Alright, gotta give the boys some room for more beer." Dale said, grabbing a hold of the door handle, upon opening the door, he saw his own son sitting on top of his suitcase. 

"Joseph? What are you doing in the bathroom? With your suitcase?" Dale asked. "Well I-" Joseph was about to explain himself before noticing Hank, Bill, and Bobby entering. "Mr. Hill?!" Joseph exclaimed. "Don't bring Hank into this, Joseph. Now answer the-" Dale cut himself off at the sight of Hank's group as well. "Alright, guys. First thing we need to do is track down Dale." Hank explained. "Already got that covered, Hank. Might wanna look behind you." Bill replied, pointing to Dale and Joseph. "Good eye, Bill." Hank said before shoving past Bill to get to the duo. "Howdy, Dale." Hank greeted. Dale turned around to face his friend. "Hank? You didn't tell me you were going to Alamoland too!" Dale exclaimed in shock. "Well turns out uh...." Hank said trying his hardest to come up with an excuse. "Bobby won an Alamoland sweepstakes recently and well whaddya know. Here we are!" Dale raised an eyebrow at Hank's statement, contemplating if this was true or not. While the two dads struck up a conversation, Joseph managed to sneak out with his suitcase so he could go find his girlfriend. But as soon as he stepped out, the hopeless romantics ran into each other.

"There you are, Joseph." Lori scoffed, rolling her eyes as Joseph helped himself off the ground. "S-Sorry, dude. I managed to get past my dad. So what do you wanna do first?" Joseph explained. Lori looked over at her friends, contemplating what the group of young teenagers should do without Dale or Hank's knowledge. "I mean...We could go to one of the gift shops!" One of Lori's friends suggested. "Ok, ok. Sounds good." Joseph replied. "But first, do you think we could drop my suitcase off at your hotel room?" Lori looked at Joseph as if he claimed to have seen a UFO in the distance. "...You guys did book a hotel room...Right?" Joseph asked. "I told my friends that YOU were gonna take care of that, Joseph!" Lori protested. "there you are Joseph, I was wondering where you had gone to." Dale said, startling the group. "Uhhhh dad. Funny story..." Joseph said nervously. "...Go on?" Dale replied. Joseph began to explained Lori's predicament and asked if there was any way she and her friends could stay in their hotel room. "Red flag number 1...." Dale mumbled as he took a puff of his cigarette. "Dad. Don't be weird." Joseph growled. "Sorry. I don't think I heard you correctly, I thought you said Lori didn't have a hotel room and that she should stay in OURS?!" Dale asked. "I'm afraid so...." Lori replied. Joseph looked at his girlfriend, and then back at Dale. "Please, dad!" Joseph begged. Dale tried to fight it off, but caved in. "How can I say no to those beady little brown eyes...." Dale mused. "Joseph and I will grab our hotel key, you guys sit tight." The father son duo walked off with Hank, Bobby, and Bill following from behind.

Lori formed an evil smirk on her face as the group left. "Come on, girls. Let's get the suitcases from our room. Wouldn't wanna have our cover blown." She instructed. "Do you really think it's a good idea for us to mooch off your boyfriend, Lori?" One of her friends asked. "His dad seems pretty scary." Lori rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. I've met Joseph's dad before. Sure, he's a little nuts, but I don't think he's smart enough to comprehend what 'mooching' is." She sighed. "And the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree either..." Lori's friends shuddered as they heard her plan. But they knew not following along would cost them in some way, so they went with it. Joseph on the other hand couldn't help but feel humiliated, knowing his dad made him look like an idiot in front of his own girlfriend. But this was only the beginning...