12. complicated

Skater Boy x Football Jock
This is a part 2 to my oneshot Sk8er Boi thats really not a part two, more of a parallel. its basically Dream's side of the story. You may recognize some phrases from the original oneshot I added into this. 
Anyways, Dream is probably in love with George. He's not sure. So, of course, he leaps at the chance to spend 10 minutes in a closet with him, even if it's as a dare, and even if all their friends are waiting outside. [fluff]

CW// alcohol consumption

Dream watched as George took another drink from his whiskey. His face was contorted into a small frown, his eyes unblinking. It might've been worrisome, had Dream not been loving it.

Dream watched as George seemed to drift off into his own head, eyes glazing over but staying open. He wondered what the brunet was thinking about. And the more he thought about it, the more he wanted to know.

He might've been infatuated. It was hard to tell at the time, of course. The two had kept coming across the other's path, which was mostly Dream's fault. For example, he arranged for the college football team to practice at the green space next to the skate park George and his friends always used.

How he knew that they used it is none of your business, though.

Or he was enamored. Either or, really. Point is, he really liked George, and he wasn't quite sure why.

Maybe it was his personality. Very cliché, yes, but Dream felt it to be true. He felt drawn towards George's sarcasm, his wit, his dark humor, his brains, everything really. It felt like George was his polar opposite, and he always felt a particular connection to people like that. George was significantly stronger, however.

Maybe it was looks, though how a person looked never affected Dream's attraction. George, however... No one could argue against how attractive George was. Fluffy brown hair usually hidden beneath a beanie or a cap of some sort, deep brown eyes so dark they looked like black orbs, all glittery and secretive. Baggy jeans and skater shoes, leather jackets and necklaces, things that might be a turnoff usually fit George so well it was scary.

Maybe it was how George looked at him. How his eyes seemed to brighten. How his lips turned up in a small smile, but how his eyebrows dipped down, like he didn't want people to know he didn't hate the jock. How he always quickly glanced away when they made eye contact, too nervous to hold it.

Dream rested his chin in his hands, a smirk playing at his lips. He narrowed his eyes at George, who frowned. The staring contest ensued.

He knew George would win. His eyes were already drier than the Sahara. George was definitely more competitive than him, no matter how competitive Dream seemed. Really, he didn't care.

Finally, he gave in. George immediately pointed out that he blinked. Determined to be stubborn, he denied it. But no one can say no to George, so he let it be.

George smirked.

Dream smirked.

His gaze slowly dragged across George's face, drinking in each perfection, each flaw. He smiled at the growing color in the brunet's cheeks. George shifted.

Dream tilted his head to the side, watching George carefully. He wanted a deeper understanding of the boy across from him, but was unsure of how to get it without talking to him, which he was sure wouldn't end well. With how deep into this crush he was, he knew for sure he would stumble over his words so bad George would think he was speaking German.

George's eyes changed. Like he suddenly realized how they were looking at each other. Dream didn't care what his friends thought. They were all too drunk to care anyways, so whatever.