17. third grade couple

Fluff AU
Literally just DNF fluff. no real plot. Just them being an awkward couple alone at home for a night. I wrote this in class 'cause I was bored. It's just fluff. [fluff]

It's evening. Dinner was a few hours ago, and Sapnap left soon after, deciding he didn't want to suffer through the hours until bed, knowing Dream and George, a new couple, would be rather awkward around each other. And it was true; despite being friends for over 7 years, the two were rather tense now. Not unbearably so, but neither really knew how to act since they were now "a thing."

It had happened only a few days after George landed in Florida. After years of slowly falling in love between computer screens, the two finally met in person and George drunkenly confessed to Dream on his first night. The two hadn't done anything other than cuddle and act like a third grade couple since.

Even then it's full of nervous giggles, shy smiles, forced small talk, and eye contact that lasts barely a second.

So Sapnap left. George isn't sure where he's disappeared to, but Dream has reassured him he'll be back by tomorrow.

George frowns at the thought of what Sapnap might be doing at the moment, and rests his head on Dream's shoulder. He feels the blond's hand grip his waist lightly, and his face heats up. He chews on his lower lip, thinking about his new boyfriend. He desperately wants to kiss him, but does Dream want the same? How would he react if George just... did it?

But that's stupid, he knows. Even now that they're dating, he would have to ask Dream first, in case he wasn't comfortable.

"You okay?" Dream asks quietly, as though not to disturb their peaceful silence.

George shrugs. "Just thinking."

"What about?"

George hesitates. "You," he answers truthfully.

Dream chuckles. "Yeah? Anything in particular?"

At this, George sits up. Dream's hand slips slightly lower at the movement. Both men have a distinct pink color to their cheeks, only visible in the light from the TV. Every light in the house is turned off, and the blinds filter in the last remaining light of the day.

"Can I kiss you?" George blurts.

At first, Dream doesn't react. Then he chuckles nervously. "What?"

"Can I kiss you?" George repeats.

"I heard you," Dream says, shifting to sit straighter. "I'm just not sure I believe you."

George frowns. "Why?"

His partner shrugs. "You aren't usually like this."

"So?"

George moves closer, slightly, and moves a hand to brush his knuckles against Dream's thigh. Jade eyes are pulled to where the contact was made, and his cheeks grow pinker.

"Um," he mutters, brain too fuzzy to think of anything else.

George's face falls. "I'm sorry," he says, retracting his hand from Dream's leg. "We don't- it was stupid, forg-"

Dream catches the brunet's hand and offers him a nervous smile. "Go for it," he says.

George looks up, cheeks burning. He expects to see something in his partner's eyes; hesitance, regret, fear, anything. All he sees is love.

He shifts closer again. He lifts his free hand to ghost Dream's cheek before dipping to the nape of his neck. His fingers card through the blond locks of hair that tickle against Dream's shoulders. Brown eyes meet green as the two lean closer towards each other. George gently pulls the other closer, and their eyes dip to look at each others lips.