Chapter 14 : First Time Being Sick

It's been a couple of days since the babysitting incident. Now, we see Y/n sleeping on the bed. From a far distance, she looks like a normal little girl. However, if we take a closer look at the girl, we can see that she has lines under her eyes as if she hasn't slept. Her eye sockets have slightly darkened as if she was dying. Her hair is messy and tangled. She has gone very pale as a ghost. She was sweating a river and something tells me that this child is very ill. I don't think she knows what illness is. My my, this is going to be some experience.  Awaken, My Dear...

Y/n's pov

*Groans* I don't feel so good. I slowly sat up and I feel very weird. *Gasp* My tummy hurts. What is happening to me? I felt okay yesterday. I slowly climbed down the bed but I slipped and fell on the floor. I feel so c-cold. I slowly got up and went to the bathroom. I started to brush my teeth but my throat hurts. *sob* Everything is hurting, my head hurts. . .

*Thump*

Mario's Pov

I was reading a book at the kitchen table waiting for Luigi to finish breakfast. Luigi was whistling a tune while he cooked some pancakes. I look up from my book to check the clock on the floor to see it's 9: 30 am.
"Mmh, That's strange. . ." I mumbled. "What's Strange Mario?" Luigi asked and turned away from the stove to look at me.
"Well, Y/n is not here yet. She is usually at the kitchen table by now and she is not here yet, eating." I told him and I put my hand on my cheek and rested my elbow on the table. Luigi looked at the clock to see the time. He hummed and quickly looked at his pancake and flipped them over to prevent them from burning.
"You're right Mario. She is usually here doing that silly word search you make her do."
"Hey, those word searches are a good way to educate a child. The parenting book said so." I defended myself and pointed to the book I was reading. I'm doing my best to educate Y/n at home and then sending her to school.

"Whatever you say. Why don't you go check on her and see if she is still sleeping or something." Luigi told me and he continued flipping flapjacks. I left the kitchen and walked up the stair to Y/n's room. I give a gentle knock and softly called out to Y/n. I heard no answer. I knocked a little louder and still, she did not respond. I gently open the door and looked around. I saw that half of the bed sheet was on the floor. I walked into the room pick up the bed sheet and placed it back on the bed. I didn't see her on the bed or under it. I went to check the bathroom and saw the door was slightly open. I gently open the door and I saw Y/N ON THE FLOOR

"*Gasp* Y/N!" She was shivering violently and I picked up her quickly but gently took her and put her to bed. I went towards the door and called out for Luigi. Moments later Luigi came in asking what was wrong. "Luigi, something is wrong with Y/n," I said worrying about him. Luigi feels her forehead and then cheeks. "Mario, this is serious. We need a doctor. I'll tell the Princess and she can call a doctor over. I'll be back, you stay with her." Luigi then left the room and left me Y/n. Oh my dear, mia dolce Bambina.

. . .
. . .

Later the Doctor arrived and examined her for a while. He declared that Y/n had a simple cold. But for some reason, I wasn't happy with that result. I feel like I need a second opinion. As so as the doctor left and I told Luigi how I felt about the results.

"Luigi, I need a second opinion. There are way too many symptoms for it to just be a cold." I told Luigi. I didn't give Luigi a chance to talk. I went to get a blanket and gently wrap Y/n into a burrito and use another blanket to create a baby sling. I wrapped Y/n in the sling and tie her onto my back.
"Mario? Where are you doing?" Ask the princess.
"I'm going to get a second opinion," I told her.
"Wait! Mario, where are you going to take Y/n ? You can't afford any doctors in Brooklyn." Luigi told but he had forgotten something.
"Luigi, you forgot about cousin Lorenzo. He was studying to become a doctor and last I heard he had his place in the big apple." I told Luigi with a smirk.
"Oh yeah, I forgot about him. However, I heard he moved out of the big apple area. I don't know where he is now." Luigi said with his arms crossed.
" Well, I could always look at the yellow pages to find him. You could find anyone in that book." My mind was set and I was going to the real world. I continued to walk out when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Luigi. "Hey, you're not going anywhere without me. I too think Y/n needs a second opinion." I smiled at him and we both headed out.