001.

AUGUST 14TH, 2011
📍the steiners' apartment
07:54 AM

"so, are you guys going to tell me where you were last night, or is that big bad alpha business?" evelyn asked, sat at the table doing her makeup whilst her two older brothers ate breakfast.

"you know if we could tell you we would," aiden replied. "but deucalion doesn't trust you. and he thinks you're too morally good to agree with anything we do. which is true, by the way."

"that makes me sound weak," evelyn stated, gently blending some blush into her cheeks.

"not weak, just a half decent person," ethan told her. he glanced at the clock on the wall, and back at his sister who was applying a gloss to her lips. "we need to leave soon. how long are you going to be?"

"you guys can leave," evelyn responded. "i'll be done in ten."

"how does it take you so long to get ready?" aiden sighed in annoyance. "you've been sitting there, like, an hour."

the girl paused, moving the mascara wand away from her eye. "listen, if i'm being forced to go to another shitty little school, i at least want to look good whilst doing so."

"we have good genes, you always look good," ethan told her.

"this is why you're my favorite," evie replied, playfully glaring at aiden, who rolled his eyes at her dramatics.

- 💗🌙💄 -

AUGUST 14TH, 2011
📍beacon hills high school
08:23 AM

evelyn leant against her car, sighing as she waited for the twins to park their motorbikes. she saw them approaching her, helmets in hand.

"how does it take you so long to park?" she asked, mocking aiden's words from earlier. "you've been over there, like, an hour."

"shut up or i'll mess up your hair," aiden warned.

"no!" evelyn exclaimed. "i'm sorry, i'm sorry. i surrender."

the trio began heading into the main school, with evelyn walking between her two brothers. they gained a lot of attention from the passing crowd, simply based on the fact they were new and attractive.

evelyn glanced around. "where are all the hot people? that guy over there is the cutest guy i've seen so far, and yet he's only a five out of ten."

"evie, we're not even in the building yet," ethan said, smiling at her disgusted look as he pulled open the main doors.

upon entering, they immediately fell into the spotlight, with all attention turned to them.

they carried on walking through the crowd, and evelyn continued secretly rating people in her head. passing two friends, aiden smirked at the redhead. "maybe it won't be that bad here."

- 💗🌙💄 -

AUGUST 14TH, 2011
📍beacon hills high school
09:11 AM

"i'm not going," evelyn stated. "nope, absolutely not. not happening."

"evie, you need to go to class," ethan replied.