Prologue

Gaia was a beautiful land, the grass was always fresh and the sky was always blue. There was always just the right amount of rain and sun light for the plants to grow. The people were constantly happy, bustling around the ever busy kingdom with smiles on their faces. The place seemed too cherry, too happy, too perfect. The land truly reeked of magic, magic that the royal family of the kingdom would cast daily to ensure that the place was always brimming with life.

But one little boy sat oddly compared to everyone else, leaning against a building while being dressed in grey old rags, looking like a shadow compared to everyone else's frilly clothes and happy smiles, for he wore a scowl on his face as he fiddled with his filthy hands. No one paid attention to the skinny boy as he sat on the ground clutching his stomach, starved. No one paid attention when his stomach would rumble like thunder, but a younger boy with blond hair and green eyes, dressed in luxurious clothing stared at him with open curiosity.

"What are you looking at?" Asked the one in rags that had red hair, as he glared daggers to the blond child with his toxic green eyes, he just hated the stare that the child held. He'd been staring for ages it felt like.

Ignoring the question, the blond child tilted his head slightly. "Why are you sitting out here? And looking so filthy as well. Hasn't your mother ever taught you to stay clean?" Questioned the blond child as the redhead in rags growled at him.

"Well, not all of us were born into money. Like you. Didn't your mummy ever taught you that?" Snarled the red head, his voice dripping with fake sweetness at the word 'mummy'.

Sticking his noise up, the blond made a 'hmp' sound as he looked towards the sea that was only a walk away. "Play with me then. I'm bored, I'll reward you well." Ordered the child that was used to getting everything that his little heart desired.

"Ha! Why do you think I'd ever do that?" Laughed the other child, the one in the rags as the blond kid narrowed his eyes.

"Because. Your starving, anyone would notice that. And since you're going to play with me if you actually want food, you better know my name," Stated the younger child, saying everything as quickly as he could so that the other one won't cut in.

"Well, my name is Allistor your highness." Replied the redhead known as Allistor with heavy sarcasm dripping from his words.

"Arthur, my name is Arthur. Not your highness, not prince," informed the blond child as he took hold of Allistor's hand and began dragging him towards the beach. "Let's play now."

The two boys played for a while, throwing sand at each other, destroying each other's clothes. Laughing at each other and going crazy like any other 8 and 9 year old would. But if anyone asked them if they enjoyed each other's company, the instant reply from both figures would be a quick and loud, "no!" Both wearing horrified expressions.

Their games ranged from hide and seek to tag. Even with Allistor trying to teach Arthur how to fight for a bit, even though Arthur refused to learn at the beginning, though he didn't pick up the lesson that much anyway. But in exchange Arthur taught Allistor how to swim, albeit Arthur was laughing till tears began to fall from his eyes because the tough kid couldn't even swim.