x Chapter Three x

I own nothing!!!

Arthur ran and ran as fast as his little legs could take him. He felt his heart beat in his chest; as fast as lightning and as loud as thunder. His hair was in a mess and he felt like he was going to trip over his own feet. Sweat trickled from his face and body, his world was in a blur. There was no one in the streets, and as he ran straight forward, he began to see a small brown make shift tent.

Diving in there, he felt his mind swarm with thoughts that began haunting him loudly. But it was when he fell to his knees did he finally register what he just did. He just left Allistor by himself to face the cruel pirates, alone and without anything to protect himself while he ran away like a coward. His bright green eyes dimmed down and became wide with horror as he felt his breath hitched up in his throat. He began shaking uncontrollably as he curled him self up into a ball.

He was supposed to be the prince of this kingdom, he was supposed to protect people. What good was he if he couldn't even protect his friend? If he takes over the crown, how is he going to protect them all? He can barely cast magic, he can barely stand tall, he can barely.. Do anything at all. Then his brothers, they could be in so much danger if he messes up. He's the crown prince of Gaia for crying out loud! ... So why did he feel so small, weak, petty in this make shift tent?

The tent was small, the floor was covered with covers and blankets, bits of the tent was coated with dust though. There was a box that was placed in the far right hand corner that seemed to be used as a table, as if hiding away from everywhere else, and sitting on it was a small picture of Allistor when he was around the age of five, dressed in the colour of Gaia, forest green. Beside the picture was a small silver amulet with something inscribed on it.

It glinted in the dimly lit tent, but it also seemed to call out towards Arthur. Like a curious puppy, Arthur reached forward and picked up the amulet gently. The amulet was decorated with strange patterns and odd gems that Arthur had never seen in his life before. The gems were a mix of blue and black, with the odd hint of gold. But the strange thing about them was that it seemed to give warmth, warming up Arthur's hands as he held it.

That day, Arthur waited within the tent until the sun set, his clothes managed to collect some of the dust that was stored in the tent, and his stomach was growling viciously. Poking his head out from the tent, he strained his ears, trying to see if he could hear any news regarding the pirates. But no one was outside though, so he crawled out of the tent, the amulet dangling from his neck.

He walked quietly in the streets, ignoring everyone that would glance at him. His eyes were trained on the amulet that was chained around his neck as he continued to fiddle with it, the jewels were shining in the bare amount of light that came from the sky. There were very few people around the town, and the journey back to his home wasn't that short. The shops were closed and at certain areas of the town, bullets would litter the ground.

Nevertheless, he knew he had to find Allister some how. There was no proof that he was dead, but there wasn't any proof that he was alive either. The only way to actually find out would be to... Well, he doubt he would be able to find any information from the civilians in the town, they were all cooped up in their homes or some where safe while Allistor was out there by the pirates. Honestly, the only way that he could figure out what happened to Allistor would be to ask the pirates themselves.