A Debut Worth the Wait

Not too long after Ive's explosive debut, STR, Starship entertainments new boy group project was about to debut with their fresh talents and visuals. And you, being the leader of this group, were off the rails excited.

"Yongsun Hyung, where's Jungsoo?" You asked as you put in the in-ear piece.

Yongsun looked over your shoulders, his eyes darting back and forth before pointing.

You turned your head and spotted the maknae as he approached you and Yongsun.

"Sorry, had to grab my ear piece. Left it back in the changing room," he explained as he stuffed it in his ear.

Jiwoo and Hokata slowly came back down the stairs of the stage as they had taken a peak at the crowd.

"They're really loud, I wonder if they'll like us," Jiwoo said.

"I think we'll be fine, they wouldn't debut us if they didn't see potential," Yongsun assured.

"Yeah, especially since we're under the same company as Ive," Hokata agreed.

You looked back to your manager as they continued chatting, he was on his tablet, probably filling stuff out and making sure everything was running smooth.

You looked back to your members.

"Jungsoo, if you voice crack, I'm gonna bust my ass laughing until we get home," Hokata chuckled.

"Voice cracks don't last that long idiot," Jungsoo scoffed before crossing his arms. "Plus, shouldn't you be practicing the choreo so you don't mess up on stage?"

Jungsoo was grinning widely as the tables had turned and he felt in control of the situation.

"STR! You're up!" The manager called out.

You gathered your members.

"Let's tear this stage up, we're idols, so let's act like we've been doing this our whole lives," you said as you were smiling due to excitement.

You all put your hands in the middle and threw them up.

Then, you walked up on stage, got into position, and began.

The debut song was called 'Aroma' which told a sad yet sentimental story about a man reminded of his dead lover when he smells an aroma that's similar to hers. The choreography was created to match the sensual tone of the song while the lyrics explained the story.

Every second while performing the song, you felt in the zone, you felt all your passion and energy had been channeled into this very moment as you sang and danced.

And when it was all over, the crowd cheered and screamed as you stared at the ceiling of the venue, breathing heavy and not moving from the ending position. Your mind flooded with this overwhelming feeling. All this time and hard work was worth it.

Here you were, standing on stage next to four friends you had grown so close to, people watching you do what you love most and enjoying it, and the unbelievable amount of self accomplishment you felt. It was all so overwhelming and so happy that you couldn't help but smile as tears rolled down your cheeks.

Then you looked down and saw the red light pointing straight at you, signaling you got the very first ending fairy, not only that, you were crying as you got it.

You got flustered as you wiped your tears and your members laughed at you, then you smiled for the camera and struck a few poses.

And finally, it was all over.

——

You got back into the changing room and changed into more civilian like attire, yet the clothes they put you in were still fancy.