Chapter 14 - Crack In Insanity

Make Sure To Vote!

Make Sure To Vote!

Chapter Fourteen- "Crack In Insanity"

Chapter Fourteen Theme Song: Breathe - Fleurie

Basira St'Clair | First POV
Location: Paris, France

I could hear the sound of music and lots of people talking all at once. I couldn't make out any of the voices but I could hear them all as they shouted different price numbers for the sweet girl Emma.

A million thoughts swarmed around my mind at the moment; I felt completely useless and afraid. There was absolutely nothing I could do to help the young girl downstairs; I could barely even help myself out this situation. My eyes welled with tears as they focused on the high ceiling above me; I had rested back on the bed waiting on the arrival of the person who would be taking me down to the auction next.

My hand rested along my neck where Jules sharp hand knife had been; I softly traced my finger over the small cut that the piece of steel had left on my neck. It had only left a small trickle of blood but it was nothing I couldn't handle at the moment.

I had been punched and smacked in the face, pulled by the hair and had my life threaten since I been in Paris. My fun summer trip had turned into a horror movie and I had been cast as the main lead.

With the short amount of time that I had been stuck inside of this room I had come up with a plan; it was a lousy plan maybe even stupid but at least I had one right?

I decided whoever came inside of this room next I was going to try to knock them out and make a run for it. My weapon of choice was going to be the metal lamp sitting on the night stand dresser; I didn't have that many items to choose from so that was going to have to do.

It was all I could come up with in a short amount of time. Now I sat on the bed waiting for my victim who I was going to assault.

The sound of the door clicking open made me hurry and raise up from my laidback position on the bed. The heavyset man from the night at the casino stood in the doorway of the room; Yves had been the name that Nico had called him; he was the brother of the man Jules.

"Ah, look at you" He exclaimed with a big smile holding his arms out like I was some sort of prize possession; I watched intently as his eyes guided over my body making me shiver in fear and disgust.

I stayed completely still in my spot on the bed not moving not a inch. I needed him to come toward me so I could easily reach for the lamp on the dresser and hit him with it.

I probably was going to have to hit him twice with it judging from the size of his large bald head.

"There is a very special guest waiting for you downstairs, he came all this way to get you back" Yves said in a taunting tone as he walked toward me making my eyes widen at what he said.