Chapter 658: Self Reliance

As Li Xueqing ran to keep up, she suddenly heard an exclamation, and she became very excited.

Success! She had fallen into the trap!

At the same time, dark clouds had very quickly gathered in the sky.

Boom!

Accompanied by a deafening clap of thunder, the dark clouds in the sky seemed to exert a great pressure and the surroundings became gloomy.

Li Xueqing felt an indescribable sense of oppression. However, she was extremely happy.

She ran towards the empty space in her memory and saw at once the broken branches that covered it.

It was a deep pit that was specially dug based on Li Beinian’s height. It was more than two meters deep.

Once she had fallen into it, Li Beinian would find it impossible to get out.

And after falling into it, she would be in despair for a few hours.

However, it wouldn’t be long, at most up till evening, before someone would come and rescue her and take her into the mountains.

From then on… it would be almost impossible for Li Beinian to return.

Boom!

The silvery-white lightning tore the dark sky in half.

Large drops of rain fell, beating out a noisy symphony as they splashed against the surrounding trees.

The surroundings did not dampen Li Xueqing’s good mood at all.

She stepped forward excitedly and looked into the pit.

The sensor on her waist started ringing loudly, echoing the ringing of the pager at the bottom of the pit. The sound grew louder and louder.

However, there was no one in the pit.

Li Xueqing was stunned. Just at this point, she felt two areas of warmth on her back.

She shuddered at the sudden warmth.

Before she could react, she felt the force of a strong push.

“Ah!”

Li Xueqing screamed. The next moment, she was suspended in the air and fell heavily without support.

She struggled subconsciously and scraped her palms against the rough sand. A burning sensation shot from her palms through her arms. Immediately after, her feet were plunged into a deep puddle.

Li Xueqing shivered as the cold water surrounded her calf.

She stepped on a thin wire. In a flash, the branches and leaves of the dead tree that were just around the entrance of the hole were pulled and covered the entrance tightly.

Li Xueqing panicked.

A bone-piercing coldness seeped in from under her feet. Li Xueqing looked at her hands that were covered in blood and cried helplessly, “Help… help!”

Her voice began to fade, turning from panicky to frightened, all in a flash.

She looked up and caught a flash of Li Beinian’s face through the gaps of the leaves.

Li Beinian looked indifferently at the deep pit before her that was obscured by a bunch of tree branches. She felt a chill in her heart and was terrified.

Li Xueqing had actually created such a huge trap for her. Furthermore, this hole was so deep that even she would have a hard time getting out.

Li Xueqing was truly frightened now.