Chapter 696: Death by Accident

Li Beinian asked again, “How is the other person? He’s not in danger is he?”

“Of course not. The other party is a muscled man far fitter than you.” Chi Hailang looked at her and picked up his cell phone to call his parents as he continued, “Unfortunately, he’s broken his leg and he’s lying down now, but he’s come to for a while now. Hello, Mom, Beinian is awake…”

As he spoke, he walked out of the room.

Li Beinian stare at the ceiling with mixed emotions.

On the other end.

T Jing had been listening to Li Beinian and Lin Kerou’s conversation.

There was only one thought in his mind: What the hell!

Ignoring the fact that Lin Kerou picked up Mu Donglin’s call, why did she have to specifically say that Mu Donglin was showering?

Was she trying to provoke her former love rival?

T Jing listened attentively.

However, there was no response.

Lin Kerou continued, “Nian Nian, what’s up? Do you need me to take a message?”

“I heard that you and Mu Xichen are married. Congratulations.”

“If there’s nothing else, I’m hanging up.”

However, no matter what Lin Kerou said, Li Beinian only heard the howling of the wind.

And it was getting louder and louder, there was a harshness to it.

T Jing had an ominous feeling.

About ten seconds later, as if to confirm his bad guess, a loud crash came from the other end.

“Beep—”

A long and loud blaring.

T Jing was so shocked that he almost jumped. The laptop that was sitting on his knees fell to the ground. Suddenly, T Jing’s heart was racing.

What… happened?

“Hello? Nian Nian? Are you okay?” It was Lin Kerou’s voice. “Did you get into a car accident?”

She couldn’t help but gloat.

T Jing cursed and swore silently!

What a bitch!

On the other end of the line, Mu Xichen could not hear Li Beinian’s conversation, but he had a good grip on T Jing’s situation.

Hearing the commotion, he asked in a lowered voice, “What’s the matter?”

T Jing quickly calmed down and picked up the computer. “I’m fine. I was frightened by a mouse.”

As he spoke, he picked up his cell phone and sent a message to his teammate 5L: What’s going on with Sister-in-law?

5L, who was supposed to be patiently waiting for news by the phone, did not reply immediately. About ten minutes later, he replied briefly.

[5L]: Car accident.

T Jing frowned and sighed silently.

[5L]: Don’t tell Boss for now in case he gets distracted. She seems fine and has been sent to the hospital.

[T]: Ok.

Having been shot in the arm, the feeling of having lost blood was definitely uncomfortable.

The bullet was still lodged in his biceps and Mu Xichen could clearly feel the blood flow in his body weakening.