Chapter 782: Nico Turned Up For Grandpa's Birthday (2)

Old Master Mo was no longer young; it was his 73rd birthday.

On this day, all the relatives of the Mo Family gathered in the Mo residence courtyard.

The Mo residence courtyard was huge. It was a military compound from the last century. After the reform and opening up of the nation, this land was given to the Mo Family for their outstanding military achievements.

However, the Mo Family was extensive. Even if they were to split the property, there weren't that many rooms.

Mu Xichen's mother had been given a house in the early days. It wasn't a big house, it had only one living room and one bedroom.

This was where Mu Xichen had lived alone in his younger days. It was in close proximity to the main Mo Family residence.

The drill grounds of the compound was a two-minute walk away.

Arriving into the compound, Li Beinian and Mu Xichen could clearly feel the distinctive atmosphere of the place and naturally behaved respectfully.

This was the dwelling of military men!

Serious and disciplined!

Li Beinian brought a large suitcase and they arrived in her Range Rover.

Gu Mingye drove them and it was already evening as they pulled up at their destination.

Winter in Guang City was especially cold and wet.

Unlike the dry and cold conditions in the north, the icy air in Guang City was the sort that cut right to the bones.

Hence, Li Beinian wore a thick down jacket over her sweater. Apart from that, she also wore a pair of down-lined pants to keep warm.

Mu Xichen, on the other hand, was wearing a long cashmere jacket. It wasn't thick, but it accentuated his tall figure.

At this time, someone in a thin military green vest was seen running on the field.

Then, more figures appeared. They chased each other in groups of two or three, half playing and half exercising. They wore broad smiles on their faces.

One of them was particularly slender and tall, with a silhouette more graceful than the rest.

Obviously, it was a girl.

They stopped when they saw Mu Xichen.

There was a look of unmistakable surprise on the girl's face. She ran towards the car and shouted, "Brother Xichen! Brother Mingye!"

Mu Xichen had already gotten out of the car with Li Beinian following behind.

She noted that this girl in military vest had short hair that reached just below her ears. There was something boyishly dashing about her, and she looked a little more mature than Mo Shengyun. With deep-set features, she was rather androgynous.

Her eyes lit up when she saw Li Beinian. "Sister-in-law!"

She spoke with confidence and decisiveness as she addressed Li Beinian chirpily, "Hello! I'm Brother Xichen's cousin. My name is Mo Shengge."

She extended her hand towards Li Beinian with a grin.

Li Beinian shook her hand. "Hello, I'm Li Beinian."

"Yes, yes!" Mo Shengge sized Li Beinian up and said bluntly, "You're even more beautiful in-person than on television. I rarely watch television, but I did when I heard that you were starring in the Legend Of The Dragon Pearl. Damn, the female lead's acting is a little overboard. I like your acting much better, domineering and oh so cool!"