Chapter 671: Are You a Man, Damn It

Mo Shengxing frowned at hearing those words.

He turned to look at Old Master Mo on reflex, only to see that the old man seemed unaffected.

After a long time, he said quietly, “What has Gu Mingmei been doing recently?”

“Working. She’s quite busy.”

“Did she contact you?”

“Occasionally.”

Old Master Mo nodded. “Keep in touch. I’m tired.”

As he spoke, he sat down by the bed and undid the buckle on his Tang suit.

Mo Shengxing had no idea what the Old Master was thinking, hence he kept quiet and was a little worried about Mo Shengyun.

Mo Shengyun shut the door as she walked out. Her lips were pursed and she looked obviously unhappy.

She looked into the distance and saw her white SUV.

She walked over and saw Gu Mingye sitting inside.

When he saw her approaching, he unlocked the car door.

Mo Shengyun got in and mumbled angrily, “Grandpa’s at it again. Every time he sees me, he says things that I don’t care to hear. It’s annoying!”

Gu Mingye was unusually silent. He started the car and drove slowly onto the main road.

Mo Shengyun continued, “It’s always like this. It’s not my fault that I don’t like to go home. Who can stand being nagged at every day!”

“Old Chief is doing this for your own good.”

“For my own good?” Mo Shengyun put her hands on her hips angrily. “If he were doing it for my own good, he should support me in pursuing what I like and not be a busybody. Annoying!”

Gu Mingye did not respond but focused on driving.

Mo Shengyun glanced at him and pouted. “Ah Ye, are you in a bad mood?”

“No.”

“Liar!” Mo Shengyun immediately exposed him. “If you weren’t in a bad mood, why are you being so quiet? Did Grandpa say something to you just now?”

“No.” Gu Mingye looked straight at the road ahead and said, “I’m just a little worried about work, don’t over-imagine things.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

Mo Shengyun looked at him for a while, and finally turned to look out of the window after having half-convinced herself he was telling the truth.

Only, Gu Mingye could not see the tempest of complicated emotions in her dark brown eyes.

Mo Shengyun lived in a remote area in the city, near the hospital where she worked.

Gu Mingye was extremely familiar with it and turned into the street.

“Stop here for a bit, I’m going to buy something.” Mo Shengyun unbuckled her seat belt. “Stop by the side.”

Gu Mingye complied. Mo Shengyun got out of the car and headed into a hardware store.

Soon, she came out of the hardware store with a red plastic bag in her hand.

Mo Shengyun got back into the car and said, “The light bulb on my porch is broken. It’s dark every time I get home. Can you change it for me?”

“Ok.”

Mo Shengyun smiled and nodded.

He parked the car and went upstairs. As soon as he entered, he turned on the light switch.