Chapter 21: Someone's to Blame

Germany

The plan was to meet up at the deadly tree when the sun was at its highest point. I looked to the sky.

"What do you think, Jade, highest point?" She yipped.

"Huh, how come you are the only shadow that can speak?" She looked at me and yipped, her emerald eyes turned gold as she looked up to the sky.

"Time to head to the tree, eh?" She looked back at me, and barked. Slowly we started walking towards the tree.

"You know, it's nice to have someone around all the time, even though you can't speak." Jade walked with me, prancing and yipping along the way. Once I saw the tree, I leashed her back to me. Her yipping became a quiet whisper. I silently moved into the bushes as I heard the whisper of people talking.

"I WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS BASTARD!" One of them yelled

"YEAH! WHY THE HELL WOULD I WORK WITH A TRAITOR?!" Another said

"You two have to calm down. There is a threat to us, if you two can't work together, the students will take us down. Now, where is Germany?" Another said in a softer tone.

"What if he decided to actually fight against us?!" the first guy spoke.

"He wouldn't, we were able to get his best friend to leave, and now he thinks it was the top five for it." I was shocked. Slowly I backed out of the bushes, away from them.

"Jade, come on!" I whispered and she followed me out. Once I was far enough away, I whistled for my phoenix shadow. It flew down and picked me up. I whistled again as Jade spread out her wings,

"Let's get going, Shumi, Take us to the school." My phoenix, Shumi quickly flew up, Jade following right behind, Shumi veered sharply to the left almost shaking me off. Within minutes we were at the school, I heard the screams of students as the big shadow covered them. I swooped down and landed, Jade next to me. Quickly I got off of the Phoenix and he dispersed into little flakes which disappeared moments later. I looked around at the students, then I continued walking towards the building. Once I got to the doors, I opened them and walked inside letting them close behind me. Jade shifted through them like nothing was there in her way. I quickly walked through the school to the dorm side of the school, Once there I stood still.

"Jade, can you help me find them?" She looked at me and yipped.

"You remember what they look like?" She yipped again, Quickly she ran off, shifting through many walls.

"Jade! I can't go through walls, show me where they are in a path where you don't shift through anything!" She reappeared and started running through the halls, me on her heels. Finally after about 10 minutes, she came to a stop in front of the dorm room #278.

"Okay, let's see, Jade." I knocked on the door, and it opened to show Russia. Russia quickly grabbed me and pulled me inside. Jade ran over to attack the Russian, but Japan and Egypt grabbed her.

"What the hell are you doing here, Germany?" Russia yelled in my ear.

"Breathe!" I tried while Russia held my throat, Jade tried fighting, but she couldnt get free. Russia moved his hand, now holding me by the chest. Damn it, just shift through them, Jade!

"Answer the damn question." He spoke again.

"I'm here to warn you." Russia laughed a stone cold, fake laugh

"Why would you help us?" I looked past him to see Jade shifting out of their grasp. It's too late.. I don't need to lose their trust now...