III

D A R I O

D A R I O

"Why don't you just kill me? Please just kill me!", his annoying voice screeched throughout the warehouse. He attempted to possess a blank face while talking to me. But miserably failed."Why are you in such a rush? You don't need to be anxious about your death fucker", I replied in a calm and collected voice. "You can't do this! Just let me die! Please!"

"Enough of your screaming! You should consider yourself damn lucky to even have a conversation with me!", I barked at the betrayer in front of me. Squatting down in front of him, I said,

"You don't need to worry young boy, I will surely arrange your meeting with Satan, today itself." 

His eyes shrieked out-and-out terror and despair in them. I could already tell panic was coursing through every inch of his nerves. His eyeballs were drawn together and his jaw almost snapped cold. Rubbing and fidgeting the shit out of his fingers he spoke, "Leave me, Boss! I swear I did not reveal anything! I'm loyal".

Hearing the "loyal" word rolling out of his mouth, vexed my calm demeanor. I pulled out my already bloody push dagger and thrashed his mouth then and there. Screaming out in pain, he strived in his seat. He looked hideous as hell. Blood was draining out from his mouth, which made me chuckle darkly. I like where this was leading to. But, my favorite part is yet to come.

"Unlock the chains from this asshole." My men looked at me in confusion, until one of them walked up and freed him. He stood up from his seat and fell down hard on the floor. Lying on the floor in an awkward manner. He could not open his damn eyes because of the blood clot around it. The chains clanked on the hard concrete floor, letting out an echo throughout the enclosed space we were in. 

The fucker stumbled towards me. In a split second my men stepped in front of me, pulling out their guns. "Move", I declared. Hearing my command, they hurriedly cleared the distance between us.

He attempted to get up and stroll towards me but losing his balance due to his fractured limb, he dropped to my feet. "I know you are gonna kill me Boss, so just do it! I can not bear this torture anymore!" Well at least, he was right about the killing part. I took out my revolver and aiming aligned at his forehead. Him crying just to pull the trigger spread across the warehouse, making me throw a vile smirk on my face.

I pulled the cold metal of the trigger and shot him twice. One at his shoulder and another at his leg. Yes, I didn't kill him. Instead of that, I did something more fucking brutal.

I was leaving him to die. A slow and painful death.

"Nobody will stitch him up! He will be staying in this warehouse until he meets "Satan", as I promised." 

Ignoring all of his screech and cuss words, I walked out of the warehouse. My face broke into a smile when I glanced at him for the last time.

Torturing and showing mercy at the same time is highly dangerous. And that's what I did.

I sat in my jet-black SUV, fixing my gaze out of the tinted windows. "Boss, shall we leave?" asked the driver looking at me through the rear view mirror. I nodded.

Justin was one of my men. Until one fine day, that dick-head tried to infiltrate our shipment to the Russians. That son of a bitch attempted to leak fucking confidential information to them, without even acknowledging the consequences. In this world of criminals, crime and blood there is always a thing that is constant-- Betrayal. It won't matter who the fuck he or she is, or what he or she is to you. Everyone in this dark underworld just screams for power and money. So do I. But betrayal was never in my records.

Each and every member should abide by the Oath of Omérta. This code of honor was taken just at the beginning of all this chaos. If someone breaks it, it ends with death. And that's what happened with Justin. And the best part is. I don't even feel anything. Neither guilt nor downcast is running through my veins. To be extremely honest, I don't even give a flying fuck.

Breaking the Omérta will always end with consequences. It's as simple as meeting "Satan" himself. Very minimal.

In the middle of the dead silence inside the car, my phone started ringing in my pocket. I took a glance at the call interface, seeing Rio ringing me at this hour. It was already past midnight, the highway was isolated as always. "Boss, we have the girl." My face immediately broke into a smirk. Luna Ferrari.

"Where is she?"

"Boss, she is in the car passed out.", replied Rio almost instantly. Passed out? "Why the fuck did she pass out!?"

"B-boss, s-she had-" he stuttered without making himself clear. This raised the fucking annoyance that was steaming inside me. "What is wrong with you people? Can't you answer a single damn question!? I asked why did that girl pass out!"

"Boss she attacked Dean." That bitch attacked Dean? Dean who was practically double her size? I found that extremely hard to believe that a fucking fragile girl attacked someone like Dean. My voice fumed with anger, "What the hell are you talking about? Are you fucking drunk? How the fuck did this happen!

"Boss we have no idea how she was able to attack him even after being carried on his shoulders. Maybe she-"

"Just shut the fuck up and carry out what I instructed earlier. I want no mess ups! ", furiously barking at him. Hanging up the call. Sometimes, these men act as fucking children. Feels as if I was appointed to babysit them. Stupid useless fuckers.

After a good fifteen minutes, the car pulled up in front of my mansion. Stepping out of the vehicle, I noticed Rio standing in front of the gate. I advanced towards him and said, "You have four minutes to explain what the hell happened back then." Looking at Rio deliberately trying to explain what happened previously, I reached out for my pocket and took out a cigarette.

Taking in a puff, I replied, "You had one job. Shall I do the same thing which I did with the betrayer to you too?!" His face displayed complete fear. Get out of my face bastard, I spoke out in an earsplitting voice.

Smoking the cigarette, I walked inside my house, strolling past the multiple doors, I fastened my pace toward the room where she was in. On reaching the door, I stood quietly for a moment. Trying to decipher what she was up to inside. There was pin-drop silence.

Opening the door, I walked into the unlit room inside. A quaint smell filled my nostrils. It was blood mixed with the sweet smell of roses. A faint light of the moon was glistening on the covers of the bed. After a few seconds, my eyes looked up at her. She was asleep on the side of the bed, clutching onto the covers for her dear life.

~~

Thank you for reading~
don't forget to vote!