Luz x Reader (Friendship Bracelets!)

Created: October 25th, 2022  

Luz Noceda x Reader (The Owl House) 

You were looking down at your wrist the whole way to school with the dopiest lovesick smile known to witches. As much as you tried to hide it, your joy was hard to contain with your eyes glued to the homemade bracelet that Luz just gave you. You two usually walked to school together—usually with you meeting up with her at the Owl House—but today was a little different.

After Hooty let you inside, a strange and colorful necklace around his... tube (?), you walked in on Luz giving a brief speech about a so-called "Friendship Bracelet Day" to Eda and King. It took her a few moments, but your girlfriend eventually noticed you. "(Y/N)!" Luz cheered.

"Hey," You greeted back, "are you ready to head to sch-"

"School!" Luz cut you off, suddenly frenzied, "Shoot, that's right! I'm- I'm sorry, I'm not gonna be able to walk with you today." Luz inwardly cringed, guilt written clear across her face. "We're actually going to school on Eda's staff. That big project I was complaining about is due, and the darned thing is so big, we're gonna need to use Owlbert to haul it there..."

But just like the Luz that you knew and loved, she was never sad for long. "Buuut!" She began, "Your journey was not in vain!" Luz formally proclaimed, digging into her pockets and pulling out a bracelet with violet and (f/c) beads. "You'll just get this early. Happy Friendship Bracelet Day!"

You accepted the bracelet from Luz's palm and were about to thank her when she cut you off again—she really was in a rush this morning, wasn't she? "I'm giving bracelets to all my Boiling Isle Buddies that have made a difference in my life since I've been here. If you turn it over, you'll see a lil' pali-" And this time, Luz was cut off.

"Hoot, Hoot! You're Hooty alarm is ringing! School time, school time!" Hooty yelled obnoxiously loud, budding his whole head in between the two of you.

"Ugh, I'm getting distracted again. I gotta get this project iiiin." Luz fretted, "I'll see you at lunch, okay? And-And you'll be here for the Friday study sesh tonight, right?" Luz asked despite actively running upstairs.

"Uh huh, and I'll be here for our sleepover tonight too!" You called out, using your hands as a megaphone to ensure your voice carried over to wherever Luz was running off to. She made another nervous whine from upstairs. If you had to guess, you'd say that your sleepover was another thing that Luz forgot about this morning.

And as you entered the school grounds, you still couldn't help yourself from gazing down at the bracelet with a warm feeling. Yet another reminder of how kind, thoughtful, and dorky Luz was. Even after you both started dating, Luz still thought of you as a close friend... Dating didn't change things between you. Or at least, not in a bad way. The thought made your smile turn more heartfelt than lovesick.

The bracelet quickly became a distraction during your classes, but you couldn't bring yourself to stop spinning it around or to take it off. You spun it around a few more times, noting the four black beads with white lettering: "SHIP"

"Weird," You thought, but you didn't dwell on it. Maybe it was a human thing.

The bell eventually rang to signify lunch, and so you left your classroom, eyes still admiring your bracelet, until you saw a familiar face. You would have called out to Willow, but it looked like she was talking to someone, and you didn't want to interrupt. As soon as you rounded the corner, however, you saw that Willow, Amity, and Gus were actually talking to Luz.

"Happy Friendship Bracelet Day!" You heard Luz say again. This time she pulled out a bracelet alternating blue and light blue beads before handing it to Gus. "And see? It matches the one I have right-" Luz pulled up her uniform's sleeve so that he could see the numerous multi-colored beaded bracelets traveling up her arm, "-here. And the little flag charm on it is because I know how much you love flags, and because whenever me or Willow need help, you're right by our side cheering us on at the finish line."