#003

(HELKP IK THIS IS TTGO... BUT PLEASE I WAS GOING THROUGH SOMETHING)

Recognizing each other in a crowd but without the masks

Robin was a good detective, a great one even. But to think that he could easily recognize someone he 'hated' so much, just by the spiky texture of his reddish hair? It was a weird, and I mean really weird, experience.

Robin's known to never take days off, hell, he even went as far as to make sleeping into a competition, but today was different. He left the tower to the Titans (pretty bad idea) to go shopping for some decorations to prepare for a party. He didn't expect to see (or recognize in this case) the Kid Flash, just walking around. And not even in his mask, just as his usual self.

But he wouldn't have recognized him if his hair wasn't so noticeable, he should really tame it. Look at Robin, no, look at Dick.. His hair was gelled differently today, it was slicked back and combed real nice. Now look at KF's beast-like mane (or whatever silly term you can call it), it's so untamed and, well, beast-like? Whatever, he needs to comb that thing—

"Damn it..!" he cursed while he quickly jerked his head back. No more talking about KF's hair, they just made eye contact. It's his fault for staring so long, anyone would look back when they feel eyes staring daggers at them. Luckily, he knows how to put up a disguise. Well, maybe not. Now he's really worried, what if KF recognized him? How could he not? I mean, he is outside as Dick Grayson, so it's not really rare to have everyone's eyes on him....

"Ah, how could I forget.." he calmed down, realizing KF probably looked his way because of all the murmurs surrounding him (ignore how he was staring at him first). I mean, how could he ever recognize him?

"Huh? Rob?" Kid Flash, or Wally, called out. He waved his hand, clearly directing it towards him. But Dick just froze, looking down and pretending he can't see him. "Weird," KF thought out loud, and decided to just go up to him without thinking.

Now, how is Dick gonna escape that? I mean, just running away isn't really, well... it's just not a good way to execute things. "Ugh..." he groaned, he might as well just greet him and go.

"Hey! Didn't expect to see you here, so - how's stuff at the tower?" he said while dragging his words, adding life to his sentences. "Mn, hey KF. It's, uh, it's just as usual. Pretty good, I'd say, and, uh, how are you?" he awkwardly responded, fiddling around a lot.

"Huh, well I've been great. I mean, fighting bad guys is always great! But y'know - I don't see you around here lots, everyone says you never take breaks! Way to prove them wrong, eh?" he energetically replied to him, clearly waiting for Dick to match his energy. "Well, let's just say I'm full of surprises, Mr. KF. Why do you think they call me Boy Wonder?" he said, trying to keep the flow going. Of course, Robin isn't friendly, but Dick Grayson sure is.

"Well, Boy Wonder, what are you doing loitering around here?" he asks him enthusiastically. "Guess," Dick responds, in a challenging tone. "Hm, let me think.. Did you come here just for me?" he glances to him, and so does he. They both suddenly turn their heads towards each other, and now they can't stop giggling.

"Pff- Definitely not! As if you will ever be the reason I leave the tower!" he laughed while wrapping his arm around his shoulder, as if they were old friends. "Aw, now don't be mean to me, Rob!" he leaned in while they kept walking. They didn't even know where they were going at this point, what happened to shopping for decorations?  "Oh yeah?" he punched his elbow, pushing him away. "I can be meaner," he put on a sly smile while while getting faster, now walking in front of him.

"Damn it, Rob, don't do this to me!" he said in a whiney way, playing around. "And who says so? I'm the leader here, aren't I?" he teased, squinting his eyes and furrowing his brows at him. "Hm, seems like Mr. Leader isn't the nicest," he huffed while they kept walking along.

Suddenly, a person from the streets with a short pixie cut walked towards them, complimenting Dick and saying he was really handsome, then they asked for his autograph. "Looks like someone's famous, hm?" he raised his eyebrows at him, but then he started to think real hard about what the person pointed out about his looks, he started to really notice it. "Maybe you are handsome," he suddenly blurted out.

He got flustered, jerking his head back and seeing a totally shocked Robin. "Woah, you can't just say that, you know?" he 'warned' him while he looked away shyly. "My bad," he apologized genuinely. "Though, speaking of looks, how'd you recognize me out here?" he asked him. "Well, the same way you probably recognized me? I dunno," he answered, also unsure. "So, by the texture of my hair?"

KF laughed, but then said "No! I was gonna say, like, the way you look and stuff! You know, your features and whatever?" he said, chuckling a little bit. "The texture of my hair?" Wally curiously said, pausing in between chuckles. "Well, your hair's a real mess, no one can copy that. So how can you blame me?" Dick tried to justify it, but really, it was funny to think about it.

"Man, you'd really have to be in love with me to notice my hair that much!" he joked, knowing he's a detective and all, and Dick understood that much, but man, it's embarrassing. Though, while he was getting red from embarrassment, Wally started to think about it a lot. Is he in love with me?

That's how it went for the rest of the day, just Wally, thinking. Maybe he should take a break from all that thinking, he'll get hungry, won't he? Well, whatever. Let him get hungry. At least he'll be thinking of Dick, and his completely hypothetical crush on him.