Part 1- Day 0

A/N

This is a sequel to Airport. read that one before this one!

Also, Alex lives in Canada now. Deal with it.

If there are plot holes please please please tell me, ty

P.S the chapter images are coming soon!

Magnus glanced down at his phone, taking notice of the numbers 11:37 framed in the centre of his lock screen. He took a deep breath. 

4 months ago, Magnus had met a friend (just a friend???) on his way back home to Boston in the middle of an airport. The two of them had hung out until they had to part ways, upon which they said goodbye.

And kissed.

Over the last couple months, Magnus couldn't stop thinking about it and how much he missed Alex. They'd texted almost every day for the first few weeks, but as time went on they grew more distant until — out of the blue — Alex had texted him an invitation to her home in Canada. 

He'd agreed, and took a flight with his mom to the country- she needed to visit relatives too, so it worked out surprisingly well. They'd separated at the airport with a dragged out goodbye and now Magnus was meant to meet Alex just outside security at 11:45pm, just 8 — no, 6 — minutes away.

Deciding he might as well be there before her (or him; Magnus wasn't quite sure yet) just so that he could gloat, he hurried out of security.

Many people stood in a group, holding various signs with different people's names. Magnus' eyes were immediately drawn to the biggest of all of them, the word 'loser' transcribed in a cool font, each letter decorated with sequins. Alex, grinning, stood holding it up, her smile only widening when Magnus caught her eye.

"Hey, loser," Alex greeted, holding a straight face.

"Was this necessary?" Magnus sighed.

"Well, I needed to make sure you knew who I was picking up from the airport."

"I have a name, you know."

"Yeah, well, I can't remember it, I saved you in my contacts under 'nerd'." 

Magnus rolled his eyes, and the two of them started walking to the airport's exit in comfortable silence. 

He couldn't ignore the sudden butterflies in his stomach or the warm feeling in his chest when he first caught sight of Alex's smile. He could only hope Alex didn't notice how red his face was on the way home.

Soon, they exited the building and the rush of cold air hit their faces. It was dark; you could faintly hear cars in the distance, and closer, crickets. It was freezing, but the pair were wearing multiple layers of clothing making the temperature rather pleasant, if Magnus was going to be honest.

"She/her right now," Alex informed distractedly as she unlocked her car. Magnus nodded.

"Yeah, I knew," he replied. 

Alex paused and shot him a weird look. "I'll never figure out how you do that."

They climbed into the car. It was warm, a nice change from the outside Canadian air.

 "Shotgun," Magnus said distractedly, glancing out the window. 

Alex rolled her eyes as she started up the vehicle, "You dork, you're the only one in the car apart from me."

 "I can't believe that we've only seen each other face-to-face for 8 hours..." 

"Are you even listening to me? But, yeah, that was a rough 8 hours. How long are you staying here for again?"

"3 and a half weeks, I think."

"That's a long time. As far as you know, I'm some sketcho hunting down kids for my corpse collection."

"My mom has to stay for relatives." 

"Haha, good luck."

Outside the window, various evergreens lined the highway, only illuminated by the occasional highway streetlight. Magnus leaned his head against the window, watching them disappear. Alex sat beside him, hands on the wheel, focused on not crashing. Soon, the rumbling of the engine and Alex's soothing presence (although he was slightly anxious she would hit him for dozing off) swayed him to sleep.

—————————————————————————————

Magnus's eyes fluttered open to a sudden pain in his arm. 

The car was still; parked outside of a house in a quiet-looking area. Beside him, Alex sat looking at him, holding a magazine. She looked rather triumphant, and Magnus guessed that he was right in his hypothesis that his friend wasn't afraid to inflict physical pain on him for falling asleep.

"We're here," she informed cheerily, clambering out of her car. 

Groggily, Magnus followed suit, the two of them walking up to the front door. He watched Alex fumble with the keys before sliding them into the door's lock. A feeling of fondness bobbed to the surface of his consciousness and Magnus smiled dorkily.

"Alright, nerd, welcome to my house."

A/N
I've never been to America or anywhere near there and honestly, it really shows

Update:
-fixed some grammar
-took away the mention of summer so I can make it snow