Part 2- day 1

Magnus was jerked back to the world of the living by the sound of something smashing. He sat bolt upright, his instincts from living in Boston kicking in. Burglars?- the events from the previous night rushed back to Magnus. No, just Alex. He wasn't sure which he should be more afraid of. 

Not even bothering to change out of his PJs, he climbed out of bed and left the guest room. Sure enough, the sounds of various kitchen items breaking accompanied by some colourful language elegantly wafted down the hall. A bit nervously — he was living in a practical stranger's house, after all (who he may or may not be in love with) — Magnus walked down toward the kitchen. 

"Fucking pancakes. Like it matters if it's store-bought, I just need to use the maple syrup," Alex muttered under his (Magnus realised he knew exactly Alex's current gender, though he wasn't sure how) breath. He looked up, suddenly noticing Magnus' presence. 

"Oh hey, loser. Just making breakfast," he informed, accidentally dropping a jar of syrup. "Oops. I'm not cleaning that up." 

Magnus rolled his eyes at Alex's chaotic demeanour, sitting at the kitchen island. 

"Well, I'm not. Also, my name's Magnus, you know," Magnus pointed out huffily. Alex nodded.

"Yeah. I actually saved you in my contacts as 'Nerd Magnus', simply for clarification, as most of my contacts have the word nerd in it," he replied breezily, pouring a lumpy mixture into the pan. He cursed under his breath as some of it spilled over the side, joining the various pieces of ceramic that littered the floor. 

"Anyway," he continued, a hint of irritation at the mess noticeable in his voice, "I was planning on going on a walk later today and you're welcome to join me."

"Sure," Magnus replied. "I've got to visit my mom later today though, I hope she's not far-"

"Like a four-hour drive," Alex informed. Magnus sighed. 

"It's okay, I'll drive you tomorrow or something. Go on, get ready. I'll get the pancakes sorted."

--

It wasn't snowing or anything, but it was cold enough to make little clouds when the pair breathed. 

They walked in a quiet sort of peace, occasionally pointing out a beautiful bird or flower. Alex plucked a foxglove, pointing out that it symbolised stupidity,  'just like Magnus'. Magnus was content with picking a bundle of daffodils, wet with icy dew, and rolling them between his fingers thoughtfully.

 They stopped by the local supermarket to pick up some supplies (which included normal things like bread and milk, but also questionably a hose pipe and set of butter knives) before heading home. 

"Eye spy with my little eye..." Magnus began, shooting Alex a grin. 

Alex rolled his eyes at the childish game, but looked rather eager anyway.

 "... something beginning with I," Magnus finished. Alex thought for a moment. 

"Imbecile?" he asked, gesturing at Magnus. 

"No. Guess again," Magnus instructed, looking slightly resigned at his friends' behaviour. 

"Idiot?"

"No, come on! Ivy! It was ivy," Magnus said, throwing his arms in the air.

Alex shrugged, heaving a grocery back onto his shoulder. "I was just guessing." 

The two of them laughed as Alex's house came into sight.

--

Magnus dropped a grocery bag onto the counter with a bang. Alex followed suit, and the two of them collapsed in the living room, exhausted from the walk. 

"I'm dying from jetlag. It's like eight hours behind," Magnus groaned.

"Bro It's like a 3-and-a-half-hour flight." 

"Leave me beeeeeee." Alex rolled his eyes and stood up, stretching, before walking to the kitchen.

"It's like 1. What do you want to eat?" he called.

"Dennys."

"Wow, you must be really dead inside," Alex informed. 

The slamming of cupboard doors was faintly heard. He walked back into the room with a box of cereal under his arm, eating straight out of it.  

"I like the idea of fast food though. Maybe McDonalds? It's cheap."

"I have money, y'know."

"Yeah, I'll spare your pocket change. We're going to McDonalds."

--

"Wow, this is good," Magnus remarked, lifting up the burger. "Better than New York's, that's for sure." 

"The grass is always greener on the other side of-" 

"No. No philosophic shit. Just let me eat my burger." 

Alex rolled his eyes. "You're the aspiring writer."

"Hey! You're the one that told me-"

"Uhh," a voice sounded behind them. The pair turned to see an acne-attacked employee standing nervously by their table. "Are you gonna pay?" 

"Yeah," Magnus said, pulling out his wallet. He smiled at Alex, who rolled his eyes fondly. 

"It's on me."

A/N 

Tysm for the supporting comments! they've motivated me to actually do something with this fic. I'm thinking ~angst~

anyway look what I found in my files

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

im so proud

also a dead inside one

( ° ͜ʖ °)

stunning