- // 02 // Privacy -

-------------------------

'Project Planet Peace.'

Does it not sound silly? Impossible?

Just a bunch of words on a sketchbook page...

---------------------

As Cosmo remained in his bed, his tail moving against the floor as it remained, now, over the place of comfort. His hand would move side to side, up and down, maybe even diagonal as he drew his mind to the sheets with the handmade pencil. He could hear the faint sounds of a shower, trickling upon a person who he could only guess was his companion, Gemini Madden.

It was nice to know of Gemini under no yelling or calling of a selfish Raven, safely and caring for himself in the shower after that trip they had in the rain. They found themselves on that roof often...it brought them the feeling of sweet, sweet euphoria. Just them, the music, the stars and sometimes the rain. Cosmo wished he could tell his tales to others, there just was no one to tell them to. But something was stuck in him, telling him someone would kill to hear his stories in the future or maybe someone just a planet away. Someone that hadn't heard them before or experienced them with Cosmo.

There were downsides and upsides to being on a deaf planet, many of the upsides being freedom of speech. No one can hear you. That statement also brought downsides. No one heard you and no one will. You could sing your heart out to an audience of nothing. You could scream in agony to a missing saviour. It would never change.

Cosmo thought of it often, but he kept it to himself, was he really one to spread negativity upon his only 'friends'? Of course not, he would rather be negative to himself than bring worry to his friends' minds...especially Geminis. As these thoughts flooded his mind, on and on, like an endless cycle, he wrote and drew it all in his notebook. The notebook was tattered but was held together with memories, trauma and ink. Three pages of the book were just scribbled over pages, two fully scribbled as one lay half scribbled. Cosmo used those pages during breakdowns, it gave him release when no one was around to care. The other pages of the messy notebook were either mostly empty or contained well done drawings of feelings he felt or of the others in the bunker or even his dreams in life. The last category that the notebook held was pages of neat writing, entries.

Cosmo could hear the rain hitting the dirt above, making the sound of what he thought to be tiny and many feet running about above. The sound made him sleepy and relaxed, and to realise the shower stopped too. Gemini must've finished his wash, he hoped the ferret felt as refreshed as he did, even with the lingering thoughts of wonder. That was probably just him on that last part, possibly, maybe. 

Cosmo looked at the page as the thoughts came to a halt, his pencil lifting from the page to reveal on what he drew while in wonderland. A forest at night, shaded with a night sky. A highlight of the past...the forest beside his birth home with a wrecked tent in the jagged tree everyone feared. When asked of the tent, the female who used to own it, anyone would simply answer, ' Money is important. '. Cosmo always wondered what that truly meant. He recalled his father threatening to put him in the forest overnight if he didn't clean the house in time, he did mean it once, but the ragdoll would rather not clarify on that, never mind think of it.

As his pewter eyes sat upon the drawing, he thought on everything that could be thought upon, hurtful or not. He could hear his heartbeat in his ears, feeling it pulse as the rain marked the dirt above him. The more he turned his focus to the rain, the better he seemed to hold his welling tears back more. He flicked through the notebook to more sketches, a broken window, a wealthy feline, the crimson claw. One mind, many bothers and hurts. One body, many scars and scrapes.

Cosmo closed the notebook and set it under his bed before retracting back up to hold his pillow close, his ears down with his breathing in a shuddered state. He couldn't find peace anywhere anymore; too late to get his partner in crime. He would be an embarrassment if he stepped out into the bunker for Vivian to pester and complain about. Keep to yourself, you are a ragdoll for a reason.

----------

Gemini had his towel, rubbing it back and forth on his wet brown and cream furred body till it returned to its fluffy state, puffing up to be brushed down. He continued this process on the rest of his body, apart from his tail in which he moved rapidly side to side to dry.

Geminis mind was different from the felines in a few ways. Most of his mind was mischief, sex, Cosmo, his family, a smidge of Project Peace Planet and things he will try to forever deny. Like how Love isn't what everyone needs; only one good friend is needed to cope in life. Love only slows you down and prevents you getting drunk and stripping yourself on a Restuarant table. Normal things.

The ferret was a kind soul but would not hesitate on thinking of the next way to start a bar fight or how to prank Vivian to make her look dumb rather than himself. They did the last one often, to feel better about themselves. It was similar to how he also went to sex to make himself feel better, to feel of worth to at least someone new for a night, maybe two.

Once dry and brushed, he pulled on his jumper and coverings with a hum before his tail end got into contact with his cassette player. He smiled and turned the volume down as he let the tape wind to play, 'Heather'. The vibe of it all brought him to lay spread out upon his own bed, letting out a sigh and closing his eyes to let his ears enjoy the rain hitting above and the music which would also cause the ferret's mind to wander.

Wandering to the world of slumber with the last lyrics heard.

' You gave them your sweater, it's just Polyester. '

' But you like them better. '

' Wish I were Heather. '