Chapter Forty-Five

Allison's Point of View

''I have been hoping for this piece of evidence for a very long time,'' Dumbledore speaks up as soon we lifted our heads out of the Pensieve

''It confirms the theory that I have been working on. It tells me that I am right and also how very far there is to go,'' Dumbledore tells us. 

''Well Harry, Allison, I understand that you understand the significance of what we just heard?'' Dumbledore asks us. ''At the same age as you both are now, give or take a few months, Tom Riddle was doing everything he could to make himself immortal,'' Dumbledore continues. 

''You think he succeded then?'' Harry asks him. ''He made a Horcrux and that's why he didn't die when he tried to kill me, he had a Horcrux hidden somewhere, a part of his soul was safe?'' Harry continues to question. 

''A bit, or more, you both heard what Tom asked Slughorn, He wanted to know what would happen to a Wizard who would create more than one Horcrux,'' Dumbledore reminds us. 

''What would happen to a wizard so determined to evade death that he would murder many times, rip his soul repeatably, as to store in many, separate, concealed Horcruxes,'' Dumbledore tells us. 

Dumbledore shakes his head. ''No book would have given him that information. As far, I am sure, as Voldemort knew, was that no Wizard ever dared to split his soul more than two times,'' Dumbledore continues. 

''Four years ago, I received certain proof that Voldemort had split his soul,'' Dumbledore tells us. ''What? How?'' I ask him. Dumbledore smirks at the two of us opening a draw and showing us a familiar object. ''Tom Riddle's Diary,'' I mutter. 

''Though I didn't see the memory of Tom Riddle myself, what you described to me was a mere phenomenon,'' Dumbledore tells us.

''A mere memory starting to think and act for itself. A mere memory sucking the life out of a twelve-year-old girl,'' Dumbledore and Harry look at me. ''I knew it couldn't have just been a memory but a part of Voldemort's soul,'' Dumbledore tells us. 

''I don't understand sir,'' Harry shakes his head. ''Harry this DIary that you stabbed with a Basilisk fang was a Horcrux holding a piece of Voldemort's soul. You destroyed it that night in the chamber,'' Dumbledore tells him.

''However still there is what Voldemort said about making seven of them,'' Dumbledor tells us. ''He made seven Horcuxes?'' I ask him wide-eyed. ''They could be anywhere in the world, invisible or buried,'' Harry lists. 

Dumbledore nods at the two of us. ''I'm glad the two of you sense the magnitude of the problem,'' Dumbledore smiles.

''But firstly, it's not seven Horcruxes, it's six, the seventh no matter how mammed it might be resides still in Voldemort's body. After destroying the others the seventh piece would be destroyed by whoever finishes Voldemort off,'' Dumbledore tells us. 

''But the six others,'' Harry worries. ''Harry you are forgetting that you have destroyed one of them,'' I tell him. ''I have destroyed another,'' Dumbledore nods his head. 

''You have?'' I ask him shocked yet happy. ''I have,'' Dumbledore holds up his blackened hand. ''Marvolo's ring Harry, Allison, and a terrible curse upon there was too,'' Dumbledore tells us. 

''Excuse me for lack of modesty, but for my skill and professor Snape's timely action, when I returned to Hogwarts awfully injured, I might not have lived to tell the tale. However a withered hand does not seem like an unfair exchange for Voldemort's soul,'' Dumbledore smiles. ''The ring is longer a Horcrux,'' he tells us.

''How did you find it?'' I ask him. ''"Well, as you now know, for many years I have made it my business to discover as much as I can about Voldemort's past life. I have travelled widely, visiting those places he once knew,'' Dumbledore tells us.