Foreign Land

Sitting down in the physician's chambers, he held a mug in his hands, Gaius having ordered him to drink it. A warm broth heating his core.

Two guards were posted at the door, watching his every move. All sharp objects gone, windows blocked, and anything that could be a poison put away.

"So..." Stiles said, looking at the knights,"Are you guys supposed to be one of those guards that never move or talk?"

Their silence gave him their answer. Stiles pulled his ears, sticking out his tongue and blew raspberries, not even a blink.

Stiles looked down at himself, wearing a tunic and brown trousers. Just add a ridiculous hat and a sword and he'd look like he was going to a renaissance festival.

The door opened and Leon walked in,"The Queen requests your presence."

"Okay," Stiles said, and he had chains locked onto his wrists as a precaution and pushed forward into the throne room where Gwen sat, at the top of the steps,"Am I supposed to bow?" Stiles asked no one in particular,"I'm kind of new at this."

Gwen couldn't place his accent with any foreign country she had ever heard of,"There is no need. You are not a subject of my kingdom, so I am not your Queen."

"Thanks, I guess," Stiles said, looking around the cavernous room,"Nice digs."

Gwen's brow furrowed,"Excuse me?"

"Oh, crap. I mean you have a nice home. Nice digs means you have a beautiful home," Stiles said,"Didn't mean any disrespect if that's how you're taking it."

"Were you raised with another language?" Gwen questioned.

"I did take Spanish for a year. Forgot most of it though," Stiles replied,"But nope. Raised with english."

"You are addressing Queen Guinevere, of Camelot," Leon said, glaring at Stiles,"Speak with respect."

"Sir Leon," Gwen snapped,"He does not know our customs. I'm sure he means no disrespect."

Leon bowed his head, an apology for her, but not for Stiles.

"Guinevere," Stiles repeated,"Where's King Arthur then?"

Everyone in the room suddenly froze.

"W-What do you know of Arthur?" Gwen stammered, cursing her shaking voice.

"Oh," Stiles said, realizing what he had done, and what happened to Arthur,"I, uh...I'm sorry. I didn't know. I just...I grew up hearing about King Arthur and the knights of the round table. But I guess even some legends had some flaws to it."

"Who are you?" Gwen asked,"Where are you from?"

Stiles chuckled,"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

They locked eyes, giving each other a staredown,"Try me," Gwen said.

"I'm from the future," Stiles said,"Wow, that sounds like a line from a sci-fi movie."

"I-I'm sorry?" Gwen repeated, her mind unable to comprehend what was just said.

"Thirteen hundred years from now, I live in a little town called Beacon Hills, located in the state of California, located in the country of the United States of America. Long story short, I wasn't sent here of my own free will. This old geezer called Emrys sent me here. Only saying that this place needed me more than my own home."

"I...I don't understand," Gwen said, then she suddenly remembered something Gaius had told her. Merlin had another name, a prophesied name written centuries ago. The Druids had called him Emrys. Merlin had sent Stiles to Camelot. Looking at Gaius, she could see the complete bafflement in his face as well as the same realization as her.